Pet peeve (meow) on Syracuse fans | Syracusefan.com

Pet peeve (meow) on Syracuse fans

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Or maybe just this board, too many people freak out after a loss, even if we just won 20 in a row. The support or lack there of after a loss and the garbage that some people post after a loss makes me sick. Thats why i never do game chats and watch games with certain people, makes my blood pressure rise.

Or maybe just this board, too many people freak out after a loss, even if we just won 20 in a row. The support or lack there of after a loss and the garbage that some people post after a loss makes me sick. Thats why i never do game chats and watch games with certain people, makes my blood pressure rise.

Maybe if we had a decent point guard the last 3 years, we wouldn't have lost any games and this would be a moot point.

See what I did there? ;)

Guilty and Great post.

But I would like to add if MCW, Triche, Cooney, Dajuan, James, CJ and possibly Rak and Grant are all ready to lead the offense some nights we shouldn't have to many bad offensive nights. Especially at home.

happens with any team with hardcore fans, its not just cuse fans.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Some people vent in different ways. In the end we all love the team and the work they put in to be successful. I dont judge people on how they react immediately after a loss because lots of emotions are flowing. It's the stupid stuff people say other times that i'd be more concerned with.

Corduroy is right, check any teams message board after a loss or two and let me know what you find. Ever hit up the W Virginia or Rutgers board after a loss in Football, meltdown isnt even an appropriate word. When SU beat VA Tech in I believe 04 or 01 the board got so bad they literally had to shut it down for a few days, trust me Syracuse is tame compared to whats out there.

Guilty and Great post.

But I would like to add if MCW, Triche, Cooney, Dajuan, James, CJ and possibly Rak and Grant are all ready to lead the offense some nights we shouldn't have to many bad offensive nights. Especially at home.

We have a 52-5 record at home the past 3 seasons - tough to top that. It looks like a great pattern to me.

We have a 52-5 record at home the past 3 seasons - tough to top that. It looks like a great pattern to me.

id like to see how our home record the last 3 years compares to uk, ku, unc, duke. who feels like getting those #s?

Even posting in theh off-season that posters complain too much and over react when the team loses results in complaints that the team loses to much or certain players are not performing up to the fans view of thier potential. Sheesh!

I know what you're saying, as it can be disheartening to see such extreme negativity from your own fanbase. That's why I use this board's "ignore" function on certain posters. If you see the same guy again & again posting negativity, do what I do and just "ignore" them. It doesn't mean they're bad people, not real fans, trolls or anything like that. It just means you don't care to read their content. I think that's perfectly acceptable given the sheer # of posts to read thru each day on this board.

For many of us, this board is just a fun little distraction from other things in our lives that actually are worth getting upset about. If somebody wants to vent about a loss, cuss out the coaches (and occasionally the players!), or say "_____ sucks!" then more power to 'em. You don't have to read it though. I can honestly say Syracuse sports & its coaches/players have never once made me angry, nor have I ever badmouthed our guys. Have the teams ever made me sad? Oh yeah, lots of times! My support of the teams has never wavered though. Just tune out the guys that drift into the overly negative. It makes the board way more fun!

id like to see how our home record the last 3 years compares to uk, ku, unc, duke. who feels like getting those #s?

i think uk is undefeated, if not very close.

confirmed, UK is undefeated at home under cal

I had the numbers, and then my machine at the post. I forget duke, but UK was 51-0 (all of these are give or take a win), KU is 51-1, and UNC is 45-6 (remember, they weren't any good in 2010, lost 5 games at home that year)

That's why I avoid the board for 24-48 hours after any basketball loss. I don't want to say anything incredibly stupid or read all the incredibly stupid things that are said after losses.

Oh, yeah...well if we had some decent officiating, we'd be undefeated!
Syracuse Stevie Wonder.jpg

Some people vent in different ways. In the end we all love the team and the work they put in to be successful. I dont judge people on how they react immediately after a loss because lots of emotions are flowing. It's the stupid stuff people say other times that i'd be more concerned with.

Yeah, I usually give myself of a night to post some insane crap...if I'm still rambling the next day I assume I'm right. 90% of the time by the next morning I realize it was just a case of temporary insanity and the officials, or whomever, didn't actually cost us the game all by themselves.

Thanks for the reminder, one of my pet peeves is people asking for information they can easily find themselves.

I tend to get like this a bit. It's like being an alcoholic. I know I have a problem, I am trying to change, but I can't break the cycle. I'm working on it, and my bouts of rage and pessimism are short and sweet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom