Peter Carey Urgent Care | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey Urgent Care

JustPherU

All Conference
Just read a story on Carey and his concussion, apparently he got his lip split open pretty bad and decided to go to an urgent care to get it sewn up.Apparently the urgent care wouldn’t do it and told him to go to a hospital emergency room if he thought he needed more help.
I find it odd that this happened while at practice and this guy has to go on his own to find help for an injury.Why would SU not see to it that this athlete is getting the best care possible?

You get smacked in the mouth at practice, your lip is bleeding, and you think it's no big deal.

Until you get home and try to eat something hours later.

Oops.

Just read a story on Carey and his concussion, apparently he got his lip split open pretty bad and decided to go to an urgent care to get it sewn up.Apparently the urgent care wouldn’t do it and told him to go to a hospital emergency room if he thought he needed more help.
I find it odd that this happened while at practice and this guy has to go on his own to find help for an injury.Why would SU not see to it that this athlete is getting the best care possible?
urgent care probably is the best option.

You get smacked in the mouth at practice, your lip is bleeding, and you think it's no big deal.

Until you get home and try to eat something hours later.

Oops.
Yeah I get it, but he says it was a huge gash with blood spewing everywhere.I would hope the coaching staff would see to it that the kid is getting the proper care. Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong, but the way I read the story was as if he was left to get his own help.

Yeah I get it, but he says it was a huge gash with blood spewing everywhere.I would hope the coaching staff would see to it that the kid is getting the proper care. Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong, but the way I read the story was as if he was left to get his own help.
Bet someone went with him - student manager, ass’t trainer etc. Going to an ER for a split lip, he might still be waiting to be seen, waiting times are no joke.

Bet someone went with him - student manager, ass’t trainer etc. Going to an ER for a split lip, he might still be waiting to be seen. waiting times are no joke.
Sounds like it was not his lip. In the article he is quoted as saying, “It was a huge gash. I went to get it sewn up at an urgent care, but they refused to do it, just ‘cause they couldn’t stitch inside someone’s mouth, I guess.” I have had my tongue stitched as the result of a bball collision, at a Syracuse walk-in too. Sounds like the inside of his cheek?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom