Class of 2025 - PF Chris Cenac Jr. (LA / Link) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PF Chris Cenac Jr. (LA / Link) Offered

Interesting offer and development as it looked like Sadiq would be our 4 in the 2025 class. But in this scenario, Chris would be the Donnie replacement (assuming DF is a one and done) at the 4 and Sadiq would be the 3. Those two would bring a lot of athleticism and rim protection... and lob city!
But no 3 point threat from either.

But no 3 point threat from either.
Incorrect. Cenac has a clean release on his shot. He is comfortable stepping out to the corners and taking threes. And his shooting will only get better.

Screenshot_20240605-204735_Instagram.jpg

Kiyan and Eddie follow him.

I'm no expert, but this kid looks special to me.
Yep, best not to get our hopes up. But, he is blowing up. The blue bloods will swoop in and grab him.

I don't disagree with what Red likely wants. But a highly ranked power forward isn't going to want to play center in college, imo.
I saw that he’s also a highly ranked center. If he goes pro, he will get paired against bigger, stronger 4s and 5s, from time to time.
Seems to me if we show him an offense where he isn’t stuck in the post but will play as a modern day 5, we could be attractive. Sadiq on one side and a quality shooting 3 on the other, with Choppa shooting from the 2, and he won’t get double teamed very often.

I saw that he’s also a highly ranked center. If he goes pro, he will get paired against bigger, stronger 4s and 5s, from time to time.
Seems to me if we show him an offense where he isn’t stuck in the post but will play as a modern day 5, we could be attractive. Sadiq on one side and a quality shooting 3 on the other, with Choppa shooting from the 2, and he won’t get double teamed very often.
Stock talent and put the best 5 on the court.

Sure, but it’s important the pieces fit. Ask John Calipari about his last years at UK.
Calipari is a lousy coach, and was a great cheater salesman before everybody could pay players.

He consistently had the best talent on the court and didn't win the championship.

He's not the best example, imo.

He’s a lot more physical, better ball handler and shooter than Chris.
From the tape, I buy the physicality for sure compared to Chris. I don't see him as a better ball handler and shooter though. Dude shot 11% from 3 for his varsity team this year.

Last edited:
Incorrect. Cenac has a clean release on his shot. He is comfortable stepping out to the corners and taking threes. And his shooting will only get better.
Would have to. Shot 11% from 3 for his hs team.

Would have to. Shot 11% from 3 for his hs team.
Wouldn't be surprised if he kept growing and turned into a 5 anyway. Whit is going to likely end up being the 4 with Jemison/Frost/Elson/Abaev being the 3.