Class of 2020 - PF Isaiah Cottrell (NV) to West Virginia | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Isaiah Cottrell (NV) to West Virginia

I believe we don't go after some as hard. Pretty bad he has Rutgers in his top 8 but not SU. Sad plain sad We don't have that super recruiter, even HCJB doesn't pull in the top kids anymore.
A lot of kids are looking for super positive, high energy charisma laden coaches. I think JB needs someone on his staff to balance his personality and make kids feel comfortable and loved. Our assistants are good guys and likable but are not great fits for this...

A lot of kids are looking for super positive, high energy charisma laden coaches. I think JB needs someone on his staff to balance his personality and make kids feel comfortable and loved. Our assistants are good guys and likable but are not great fits for this...
You are right on. And this has been that way for awhile now too.

Many kids want a better fit. Playing all zone will automatically eliminate SU from some players. It’s just the way it is.
Maybe its time to get kids who can play both.

You only have to change 1 person to change the dynamic.
It would be nice if Autry got a head coaching opportunity, and we could bring in a well-connected AAU guy.

open the tweet ... texas tech & wake forest on the bottom li e

I did click the tweet, but I probably had my screen size too big for them to show up.

This, 100x over.

Agree with that but add that the guy should be a former big or someone with skills to develop bigs (e.g., Hop). Been posting this for months.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do think JB made a mistake replacing Hop with someone he felt comfortable with instead of a high energy recruiter who can balance out his negatives and also challenge him. Beilein hired a defensive guru because he realized that despite his brilliance on offense, he didn’t work as hard coaching defense and his teams needed to improve there—and they did once he got that guy. JB is a fine though not innovative offensive mind and he’s been stagnating for years. He should find a smart up and comer who can coach offense and will challenge his thinking on that side of the court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom