Class of 2023 - PG Angelica Velez (NY / TN) Transferring from LSU to Syracuse (4/29/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Angelica Velez (NY / TN) Transferring from LSU to Syracuse (4/29/24)

CoopSwoop

2nd String
1662150112927.png

Wonder how much NIL will be a factor as LSU/Miami have huge edge?

Aalyah Del Rosario put out a top 4 on 8/14 of UNC, Tenn, LSU, S. Carolina
Aalyah Del Rosario is listed as high priority for S. Carolina as Boston's replacement.

Aalyah Del Rosario is listed as high priority for S. Carolina as Boston's replacement.
Thought Cardoso was going to be her eventual replacement?

The days of amateur athletes in college Football & Basketball are over; sadly, now it’s pay to play!

Velez is a 5’7 PG. She was considered the #21 best prospect in the class of 2023 by one service.

Originally from the Bronx. Played the last 2 years of HS in Tennessee, where she was named the player of the year in the state.

I believe she starts from day one. Very talented and exciting player.

Velez is a 5’7 PG. She was considered the #21 best prospect in the class of 2023 by one service.

Originally from the Bronx. Played the last 2 years of HS in Tennessee, where she was named the player of the year in the state.

Didn't play much at LSU as a freshman, but still a very nice roster addition for FLJ. Congrats.

She is a very exciting player. I was hopeful that she would have committed to us last year instead of LSU. This is the perfect situation for her to thrive and I think she is a day one starter as well!

She is a very exciting player. I was hopeful that she would have committed to us last year instead of LSU. This is the perfect situation for her to thrive and I think she is a day one starter as well!
I think she is right with another really good HA AA type center. She is also from the Bronx and went to a Tennessee with Angelica. They both ended up at LSU.

She is staying there for now. Would not be surprised if she ends up here as well down the road.

Aalyah Del Rosario has game too. 6’6.

Velez is great pick up, solidifies PG position with Camp. Playing at LSU, she never got a chance to showcase her talent. Smart move to transfer as the Witch never develops talent. She would have stayed buried on the bench.

Now if we can find some height. Like Varejao but will she be healthy enough for a full season.

Last edited:
Velez is great pick up, solidifies PG position with Camp. Playing at LSU, she never got a chance to showcase her talent. Smart move to transfer as the Witch never develops talent. She would have stayed buried on the bench.

Now if we can find some height. Like Varejao but will she be healthy enough for a full season.
I thought Camp had entered the portal but I had her confused with McEvans. These two could make a nice PG tandem.

I think she is right with another really good HA AA type center. She is also from the Bronx and went to a Tennessee with Angelica. They both ended up at LSU.

She is staying there for now. Would not be surprised if she ends up here as well down the road.

Aalyah Del Rosario has game too. 6’6.

Another FLJ get. Hard to replace Fair but we'll get there.

LSU guard Angelica Velez has entered the transfer portal, On3 has learned. Velez only spent one season with the Tigers.

Velez appeared in 23 games and made zero starts. In 4.9 minutes per game, Velez averaged 1.2 points while shooting 33.3% from the field. Velez’s best game of the season came against McNeese State when she tallied a career-high 10 points and five assists in 14 minutes.

Angelica Velez played high school basketball at The Webb School (TN), where she was a four-star prospect. While there, Velez led her team to back-to-back state championships as a junior and senior. For her efforts, she was named the 2023 Division II-A Miss Tennessee Basketball Player of the Year.

LSU women's basketball freshman Angelica Velez has entered the NCAA transfer portal, a source confirmed Monday.
Velez, a 5-foot-7 point guard from the Bronx, New York, was ESPN's No. 44 ranked prospect in the 2023 recruiting class. During her freshman season, she played only 111 total minutes after appearing in 23 games.
She was one of four players who LSU signed to its top-ranked freshman class, alongside Mikaylah Williams, Aalyah Del Rosario and Janae Kent.
Velez is now the second Tiger to enter the transfer portal this offseason. Starting point guard Hailey Van Lith decided to transfer on Thursday after spending only one season in Baton Rouge.
nww.nola/sports/lsu/lsu women

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom