Class of 2025 - PG Jerry Easter II (OH) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PG Jerry Easter II (OH) Offered

Yeah, the last couple of interviews he's given, no mention of 'Cuse, but earlier this year, he and his dad said he wanted to visit SU.

This one has been trending away from Cuse for a while now, but I still like keeping tabs on him. Fun player to watch who has several Cuse ties.

Yeah, his dad and DC are tight. Jerry is close with Kiyan. Kinda surprised that SU may not be a major player, if that's indeed the case, and I agree that recent interviews given by Jerry don't include mentions of SU...he's playing at La Lumiere with Darius Adams, who also holds a SU offer. Maybe SU is going all in on Tyler Jackson and that turned Jerry off??

Yeah, his dad and DC are tight. Jerry is close with Kiyan. Kinda surprised that SU may not be a major player, if that's indeed the case, and I agree that recent interviews given by Jerry don't include mentions of SU...he's playing at La Lumiere with Darius Adams, who also holds a SU offer. Maybe SU is going all in on Tyler Jackson and that turned Jerry off??
I would be good with Tyler.

That was my guess, without having any inside info. Tyler Jackson and Kiyan Anthony are friends and would like to play together, so it would make sense to go all in on bringing them in together.

Wish we woulda recruited him harder but seems we have 3-4 other guards we’re after
I haven't been able to determine one way or another how hard Syracuse is pursuing Jerry, but a source has told me that Jerry remains high on Syracuse and wants to visit. We'll see if that happens. I do agree that SU coaches seem to be prioritizing Nigel, Kiyan, Derek and Tyler at the guard spots. Candidly, Jerry is ranked higher than all of them, and he's a top scorer in the EYBL Scholastic these days...

Kid is like those prospects we passed on who went on to Villanova and thrived while we withered on the vine with our picks

Our talent evaluation used to be elite and I think we are far from being where we need to be in that department until Red develops his system

Easter isn’t really a point guard though. He doesn’t even lead his team in assists. He’s more of a combo or 2 where Jackson is more of a pure point guard. Just my 2 cents, but we need to move away from ball dominant guys at the point. We are seeing how much we hate that this season.

Easter isn’t really a point guard though. He doesn’t even lead his team in assists. He’s more of a combo or 2 where Jackson is more of a pure point guard. Just my 2 cents, but we need to move away from ball dominant guys at the point. We are seeing how much we hate that this season.

Do you remember Sherman Douglas? A combo guard who led the Big East in assists.​

IMG_3066.jpeg

Sherman was a combo guard in High School​

I remember his recruitment and Georgetown not offering him!
I’ve been a Cuse Hoops fan back when Manley was our home court.
Also, remember, this is a Jerry Easter thread! Lets get back to discussing his recruitmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom