Pic from Maryland (what an experience)! | Syracusefan.com

Pic from Maryland (what an experience)!

chakka3421

All Conference
Sorry bros - I don't have any good Comcast pics like I had from Cameron - awful time tonight but glad we won.

First we were rushed to get to stadium, then ended up in traffic, and it was about 6:30 pm before we finally saw the stadium. Got into parking garage around 7:15 pm. Getting out of car - partner checks pockets - you guessed it he forgot the tickets (checked car, pockets, we think we had really good ones too but couldn't remember seat section or row). Almost decided to go back but me never being to Comcast stadium said screw it and started out on a quick run and partner yells out in frustration "F Duke" - he is still pissed about Duke game talked about it all way to stadium and scalper starts running with us and asks us if we needed tickets. Said he'd give us great seats for $40 each because partner yelled F Duke - price on tickets was over $50 so we figured why not.

We got hustled! Catwalk level seats!

Finally sat down around 7 minute mark left in first have. Below is in aisle near my nosebleed seat. Probably worst seats I've ever sat in for a basketball game.

Lots of Orange in stadium. Heard some LGO "echo" chants. Felt like a NBA stadium - nothing like Carrier Dome or Cameron. I don't think Ill ever go back even if SU plays there again sometime. Whole trip was fun while it lasted - back to reality tomorrow...

image.jpg

Last edited:
I wish the ticket experience had worked for you, but at least you got the experience and it was a win, so I am happy for you bro. Those scalpers are even more crafty than strippers sometimes.

We got hustled! Catwalk level seats!

Finally sat down around 7 minute mark left in first have. Below is in aisle near my nosebleed seat. Probably worst seats I've ever sat in for a basketball game.

Lots of Orange in stadium. Heard some LGO "echo" chants. Felt like a NBA stadium - nothing like Carrier Dome or Cameron. I don't think Ill ever go back even if SU plays there again sometime. Whole trip was fun while it lasted - back to reality tomorrow...

View attachment 8386

Our seats were in section 123 row 29. Chakka's seats look like they weren't far from ours. Great presents from our son - well a word to the wise. Our seats were like 3 rows from the ceiling . I thought I'd try to tough it out despite my embarrassing vertigo but I couldn't hack it, I was so dizzy. I keep thinking it's mind over matter - to only be proven wrong. The seats in the wedge sections like 122,123, 118, 199 etc in the corners are steep. There is no 200 seating because the 100 seating in these sections run right to the ceiling. The 100 seats also are not floor level unlike the dome. Student seating is on the floor and mustn't be 100 sections. So just beware when purchasing tickets especially if you have an issue with heights. The sections behind each basket are steep angled also. The sections on the sides though where the benches are and across from it are not steep at all but box seats separate the 100 seating from the 200's there. Maryland fans were very cordial to us as were the Comcast personnel. They allowed me to sit in the disabled seating for the remainder of the game in section 110 row 20 and the steepness from my original section 123 row 29 seats, were night and day.Below is a picture I found on the web that gives an idea of the different seating angles and steepness . Another thing - the higher you go the hotter and hotter the Comcast becomes.

maryland.jpg

I had to laugh though, SU fans would never stand for the concession stands. The complaints would be loud and long. Maryland fans must be a more patient sort. Those lines were soooo slow, condiments were missing etc. Since beer isn't sold, it wasn't beer sales slowing those lines. Not good. The concourses themselves though were much less congested than the dome.

Another thing - maybe because of the renowned Washington traffic - Maryland fans come late to the games - people arriving constantly obstructing one's view. People were still showing up after half time.

Lots of steps to get into the arena. I felt a bit like Rocky entering the building. Saw quite a few SU fans throughout. Good turnout but the fans were split up all over the arena. LG Orange cheers could be heard a few times. Met up with a number of SU diehards who had gone to both Duke and Maryland game.

Picture below from my seats in 110 row 20 which were much better and less steep. Thank you Comcast/Maryland and of course my son. Sad that many SU fans from the area won't be able to see the Orange play near their home anymore.

get-attachment.aspx

Yep on traffic. Have lived here 35 years so should have known better, but after 2 hours on road, I arrived at halftime. No place to park. Since I had to leave early to pick up my daughter, I just drove back to Va. Couldn't stand the MD broadcast so drove home in silence, until my phone alert gave me the final!

Traffic getting to Comcast is awful. Not just 495...Route 1 is just a nightmare.

I will say that when the place is full, as it was regularly when I was a student there, there's no better place to watch a college basketball game, because of its size and because of its vertical construction. Although I recognize both those can be negatives for some.

I feel sorry for anyone who "can't stand" Johnny Holliday though. The man is a legend. Terp broadcaster for 35+ years and in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Our seats were in section 123 row 29. Chakka's seats look like they weren't far from ours. Great presents from our son - well a word to the wise. Our seats were like 3 rows from the ceiling . I thought I'd try to tough it out despite my embarrassing vertigo but I couldn't hack it, I was so dizzy. I keep thinking it's mind over matter - to only be proven wrong. The seats in the wedge sections like 122,123, 118, 199 etc in the corners are steep. There is no 200 seating because the 100 seating in these sections run right to the ceiling. The 100 seats also are not floor level unlike the dome. Student seating is on the floor and mustn't be 100 sections. So just beware when purchasing tickets especially if you have an issue with heights. The sections behind each basket are steep angled also. The sections on the sides though where the benches are and across from it are not steep at all but box seats separate the 100 seating from the 200's there. Maryland fans were very cordial to us as were the Comcast personnel. They allowed me to sit in the disabled seating for the remainder of the game in section 110 row 20 and the steepness from my original section 123 row 29 seats, were night and day.Below is a picture I found on the web that gives an idea of the different seating angles and steepness . Another thing - the higher you go the hotter and hotter the Comcast becomes.

maryland.jpg

I had to laugh though, SU fans would never stand for the concession stands. The complaints would be loud and long. Maryland fans must be a more patient sort. Those lines were soooo slow, condiments were missing etc. Since beer isn't sold, it wasn't beer sales slowing those lines. Not good. The concourses themselves though were much less congested than the dome.

Another thing - maybe because of the renowned Washington traffic - Maryland fans come late to the games - people arriving constantly obstructing one's view. People were still showing up after half time.

Lots of steps to get into the arena. I felt a bit like Rocky entering the building. Saw quite a few SU fans throughout. Good turnout but the fans were split up all over the arena. LG Orange cheers could be heard a few times. Met up with a number of SU diehards who had gone to both Duke and Maryland game.

Picture below from my seats in 110 row 20 which were much better and less steep. Thank you Comcast/Maryland and of course my son. Sad that many SU fans from the area won't be able to see the Orange play near their home anymore.

get-attachment.aspx
Sorry to drift a little her but
Volleyball girls. Is there anything they can't do?

The Campus is huge and its always a sheet fook getting in and out of there.

I was right on mid court in 201 three sections to the right of the OP's picture and maybe 10 -12 rows down from the very top. Its amazing hpow much better the view is from the midcourt angle at about the same distance. Those corner angle sections up top are the worst seats in there but even they aren't that bad IMO.

Cherie.. Didn't realize you were there. Leo Eisner arrived at halftime because of the traffic and the parking (or non-parking) situation. The 80-year-old Leo had driven by himself from Syracuse, and he had left his Bethesda hotel more than 90 minutes before game time. I felt terrible for him. Just as I do for you.

Last edited:
Cherie.. Didn't realize you were there. Leo Eisner also arrived at halftime because of the traffic and the parking (or non-parking) situation. The 80-year-old Leo had driven by himself from Syracuse, and he had left his Bethesda hotel more than 90 minutes before game time. I felt terrible for him. Just as I do for you.

That is awful for Leo Eisner. He certainly wasn't alone but what a shame at his age to drive all that way to deal with that. Lots of Maryland people who even knew the area didn't arrive till after halftime because of traffic. We are so spoiled in Syracuse in defining what terrible traffic is. Sorry I missed you. Saw Barb after my descent from heaven ;) as she was arriving and she had traffic woes herself.

We had a hotel room only a mile and a half away and thought of walking - glad we didn't. It was pure bedlam and no place for a pedestrian to try to find their way and cross Route 1. We left an hour and 15 minutes before the game to navigate the mile and a half and after finding a parking garage on campus, we got into the Comcast about 15 minutes before tipoff. After the game it was crazy leaving the garage and the Maryland traffic people didn't allow us to turn the only way we knew to get back to the hotel. We got back to our hotel after wandering around College Park an hour and a half later. Thank heavens we had only a mile and a half to go. So we had it relatively easy. Sorry we missed you.

This thread is why we laugh about people back at SU complaining about traffic and parking. ;)

The only good thing is that there aren't really any big hills except for the steps at the Comcast;). I don't complain about either - the traffic (just leave earlier) nor parking(we park at Oakwood), because I think it's amazing how Syracuse handles 30+ thousand people. Personally I don't know how you can stand that traffic. It was snowing rather hard this morning there and traffic was backlogged to about 10 miles outside of York, Pa, and it was better for us heading north than those heading south towards Washington. Vibrant area but that traffic is inhuman. Lots of wasted life sitting in traffic. :(

The only good thing is that there aren't really any big hills except for the steps at the Comcast;). I don't complain about either - the traffic (just leave earlier) nor parking(we park at Oakwood), because I think it's amazing how Syracuse handles 30+ thousand people. Personally I don't know how you can stand that traffic. It was snowing rather hard this morning there and traffic was backlogged to about 10 miles outside of York, Pa, and it was better for us heading north than those heading south towards Washington. Vibrant area but that traffic is inhuman. Lots of wasted life sitting in traffic. :(

The best way to handle it is never go to Maryland or get on the Beltway...I am lucky in that I do neither.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom