Pick one new recruit on O and D for next year | Syracusefan.com

Pick one new recruit on O and D for next year

kcsu

Living Legend
Ok which incoming players will make the biggest impact next year. Pick just one NEW incoming player for O and D.

My pick on O is Thompson at TE

On D im thinking big Harold at DT

I just saw some film on Thompson and hes pretty fluid and impressive... However, my pick is

Offense- Ashton Broyld. He proves to be the most impressive player in Spring Practice and takes the reigns at QB

Defense- I dont see many first year contributers

I just saw some film on Thompson and hes pretty fluid and impressive... However, my pick is

Offense- Ashton Broyld. He proves to be the most impressive player in Spring Practice and takes the reigns at QB

Defense- I dont see many first year contributers
I agree on D we were so young this year i hope we can RS most of the new guys. Ashton comes in Jan so if he can learn the playbook who knows the kid sure is a heck of an ath maybe the best we have recruited in years. I sure as heck hope Doug gives him a chance at QB

Offense- Broyld BUT as the new pass catching TE option. (I can dream)
Defense- Has to be Brantley. Last two years freshmen have gotten run in DT rotation. I like this depth chart:
NT- Crume, Goggins, Welsh
DT- Bromley, Brantley, Sloan

We have been using more RS over the last 3 years, which is a good thing, so not sure what to expect...

Offense- Thompson. Highest profile kid in the class, physically mature, and a position with room for advancement.

Defense- M. Davis. I want to go with Brantley, but the staff's sparse use of Crume makes me think that you could see a repeat situation with Brantley, or they learn from it and RS him.

Those aren't exactly gutsy picks, so i'll throw my surprise guys out there too. Smallwood on O, and Ford on D (Bnoro, this one is partly based on your thoughts of Durell moving to CB and leaving room for advancement at FS... so don't let me down).

i honestly don't see broyld playing qb at su. there didn't really even seem to be an indication he was a freak at milford, so how could he step in and be the starting qb here? he's a freak athletically so he'll end up catching passes, but from the word that i've heard from some of the players coach is pretty high on hunt, and he's still a little shaky on broyld after the incident last winter. i would rather not see broyld in orange at all

We have been using more RS over the last 3 years, which is a good thing, so not sure what to expect...

Offense- Thompson. Highest profile kid in the class, physically mature, and a position with room for advancement.

Defense- M. Davis. I want to go with Brantley, but the staff's sparse use of Crume makes me think that you could see a repeat situation with Brantley, or they learn from it and RS him.

Those aren't exactly gutsy picks, so i'll throw my surprise guys out there too. Smallwood on O, and Ford on D (Bnoro, this one is partly based on your thoughts of Durell moving to CB and leaving room for advancement at FS... so don't let me down).

Don't sleep on Mungwa/Desir at Safety though. I think Ford will RS.

i honestly don't see broyld playing qb at su. there didn't really even seem to be an indication he was a freak at milford, so how could he step in and be the starting qb here? he's a freak athletically so he'll end up catching passes, but from the word that i've heard from some of the players coach is pretty high on hunt, and he's still a little shaky on broyld after the incident last winter. i would rather not see broyld in orange at all

Seems a bit premature. Milford runs the ball a lot, and plays a lot of guys. I wouldn't look to far into it, as all of our opinions mean absolutely squat. Kid will probably be given his redshirt year to prepare as a QB. If Hunt leaves him in the dust, then great, we add two gifted playmakers for the price of one. If Broyld surprises, he could win the job and become one of the most devastating offensive players we have had since the Dome was built. Either way, no point in writing a kid off based on hearsay.

Don't sleep on Mungwa/Desir at Safety though. I think Ford will RS.

I hope that is the case, but a combination of the lack of leaders, and the fact I love the Ford commit, makes me wonder if this is a kid the coaches can afford to keep off the field. Albeit, that's why it's my sleeper pick.

O-MacFarlane
D-"If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool Consider Me" Myles Davis

O - MacFarlane
D - M. Davis starts at Mike, Spruill at Will, D. Davis at Sam

he put up big numbers in limited action both running and passing at milford

I'm thinking that Nassib will get most reps @ QB, TE will be Beckett, Stevens and Provo, and the OL guys will redshirt. That leaves RB & WR. Assuming Gulley can come back healthy I don't see a place for McFarlane to get reps (although he may play on special teams). That leaves WR. Lemon will start on one side, who starts on the other? I think Ben Lewis redshirts cause he is too similar to what we already have (Big, Tall, slower). I think Cornelius or Ford could compete for time with Kobena, Foster, Hale, Flemming and West (I will include Sales when he is actually reinstated).

For defense assuming Chandler Jones returns (if not maybe Poncho Barwell gets to replace Sharpe as the 3rd down guy) my initial thought is Myles Davis (assuming the knee is healthy) but don't be suprised is James Washington gets some burn. If he is as explosive as everyone says he is he could form something special with Spruill, Lynch, and Davis.

Thompson on offense--Provo leaves a big hole

Whigham on defense--love Brantley's potential, but I have a feeling Whigham is going to bring special athleticism to a big position of need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom