Pitino almost got a new job | Syracusefan.com

Pitino almost got a new job

I wonder what would happen if someone did hire him and then NCAA hit him with a show-cause penalty.

I wonder what would happen if someone did hire him and then NCAA hit him with a show-cause penalty.

I think that school would be SOL and looking for a new coach.

Hahahaha.

Please, tell me more about “student athletes” and how college athletics is not solely a greed driven business.

He'd fit well with the minutemen

i get the joke but i think this actually is the gig that makes the most sense if he can somehow convince the commonwealth to hire him. It's a school that has done zip since calipari left and he is A) an alum B) a name brand.

I think both would be served here.

If Pitino gets hired it will be by an SEC athletic factory desperate to make a splash in basketball. UNLV used to hire outlaws but that seems to have changed.

While I have zero sympathy for Rick Pitino it is BS that he is the only HC that has paid a real price thus far with the FBI probe.
How Bruce Pearl, Sean Miller and the other HCs haven’t paid a price.

While I have zero sympathy for Rick Pitino it is BS that he is the only HC that has paid a real price thus far with the FBI probe.
How Bruce Pearl, Sean Miller and the other HCs haven’t paid a price.

Are you suggesting that it stinks and it sucks and it stinks?

Look, Jerry Tarkanian isn’t walking through that door.

Pitino may come out looking better than some of the coaches that the FBI will light up beyond what we have heard so far.
My guess is the NCAA told them to wait until March Madness was over to finish their work.

Pitino may come out looking better than some of the coaches that the FBI will light up beyond what we have heard so far.
My guess is the NCAA told them to wait until March Madness was over to finish their work.

The FBI works on nobody's timeline but their own.

I think he is the big fish and this fizzles away with a much smaller bang compared to the opening press conference.

The board of traitors comment is bizarre - who are they traitors to?

waiting for when he runs out of money...

...and he's back in the white suit with a paste-on stache and soul patch in a KFC commercial.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom