Pitino schooling JB on JB's biggest weaknesses | Syracusefan.com

Pitino schooling JB on JB's biggest weaknesses

JB teaches his kids how to ball... Pitino teaches his kids how to maul and put the onus on the refs to call a foul. He even said so himself... his strategy is to foul every play an bet the refs don't call it.

I'll take JB any day of the week over Pitino an twice on Monday.

JB teaches his kids how to ball... Pitino teaches his kids how to maul and put the onus on the refs to call a foul. He even said so himself... his strategy is to foul every play an bet the refs don't call it.

I'll take JB any day of the week over Pitino an twice on Monday.
And with refs like Michael Stephens you'll come out second EVERY FLUCKIN time.

L'ville is a heck of a team but the officiating was as bad, and one sided, as I've seen in quite a while.

Whatever...saw it coming.
The call where Hancock was up totally in MCWs grill and MCW got the foul was huge and just an example of how that 2nd half went.
Can't miss all of those free throws and stay in the game.

Getting his players to play with aggression, confidence, and swagger.

When you get a lead, you stomp on your opponent's head. You break a press, and you take it to the rack.

Yeah except when they won right? What a joke.

The missed free throws didn't help. The free throw disparity didn't help.

Michael Stephens being absolutely ed and incompetent REALLY didn't help.

How do our players not get angry? Not one of them.

Idk how others feel, but I would put my arms through Harrell's head after the 5th or 6th dunk and resulting theatrics. Dude had a great game, but you would think somebody would get p*ssed, rather than have all of our players hang their heads while bending over and taking it.

How do our players not get angry? Not one of them.

Idk how others feel, but I would put my arms through Harrell's head after the 5th or 6th dunk and resulting theatrics. Dude had a great game, but you would think somebody would get p*ssed, rather than have all of our players hang their heads while bending over and taking it.

This is basketball, you don't throw punches just because you get beat. Do you beat old ladies up when they pull out in front of you? I'm sure our guys were pissed and they acted classy in defeat.

Yeah except when they won right? What a joke.

Allowing highly recruited players to get outscored 44-10 on your virtual home floor this late in the year in this big of a game is all on the coach. To have them play so inconsistently this late in the year is the coach's fault.

This is basketball, you don't throw punches just because you get beat. Do you beat old ladies up when they pull out in front of you? I'm sure our guys were pissed and they acted classy in defeat.

Exactly.
I didn't even notice 'theatrics' on their part. They were pumped and made dynamic plays. Wasn't it our own CJ who got called for a tech a few games ago for slapping the backboard? Should he have been punched?

I didn't say anything about throwing punches. I was referring to fouling a player hard when he goes for his 7th or 8th dunk in your face. Anything would be better than half-a$$ed attempts (if that) to block the shot. Foul him very hard and send a message. He's going to get the points anyway. Might as well try to do something to show you have emotion.

Exactly.
I didn't even notice 'theatrics' on their part. They were pumped and made dynamic plays. Wasn't it our own CJ who got called for a tech a few games ago for slapping the backboard? Should he have been punched?

Is it fun to wait for losses to post?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Rick knows of Jim's ummm picking habits during the game. I think RP was trying to counter the shake and it just got a tad akward for a sec. no hard feelings

I post elsewhere leading up to games. The conversations are much more fruitful with outside perspective. After losses, I don't want any outside perspective.

And you can save the time of letting me know that I'm not a 'real' fan or that I should just stick to posting somewhere else, or whatever. I bleed orange and always have.

I didn't say anything about throwing punches. I was referring to fouling a player hard when he goes for his 7th or 8th dunk in your face. Anything would be better than half-a$$ed attempts (if that) to block the shot. Foul him very hard and send a message. He's going to get the points anyway. Might as well try to do something to show you have emotion.

Fair enough, it sounded like the other thing. Sorry.

Allowing highly recruited players to get outscored 44-10 on your virtual home floor this late in the year in this big of a game is all on the coach. To have them play so inconsistently this late in the year is the coach's fault.
Could someone explain to me how we got to the finals of the BE tournament. I missed something obviously. Oh thats it - it was the coaches fault. Thanks!
What a goof.

Is this sarcasm? I hope so.

"I would put my arms through Harrell's head"

Sounds violent, in a particularly non-sporting way. Both your 'explanation' and rationale would still amount to something that should result in a punishable offense. And you haven't dealt with the conflict of our players doing the same things.

I posted an objective response to a question. What, exactly, about this reply is inaccurate, unfair, or objectionable to you?

Obviously, you're either mistaking me for someone else, you focus on the negative, or you don't understand what i write. What is it about your skin that makes it so thin and sensitive? I'm not sure what 'people of your ilk' expect from a basketball forum. If no one can be objective to balance the stupidity of the blind devotion, conversations here would never be very interesting. But, maybe that's what you need.

These types of arguments always remind me of the idiots in the arena who always hold up the index finger and scream "we're number one!"— when it is clear that they aren't. Whatever makes you feel good...

I'll share with you a little secret about human nature and psychology:
For a great many sports fans, the pain of a loss is far greater than the 'joy' of a win. I don't know about you, but after a win, i'm mostly content, with a bit of relief, topped by a small bit of happiness. After a loss, i'm devastated. For 24 hours. Which feeling do you think is going to inspire more forum activity? Take that, and then add in the fact that most people are hesitant to mention negative issues after a loss. So, they let them go unmentioned. From that, the simpleminded would assume there were no issues. But, that's not the case.

well JB has always had the luxury of great talent here on the roster. i suppose his kryptonite has always been mostly self inflicted. his inflexibility of mind and stubbornness to change his routine.

Could someone explain to me how we got to the finals of the BE tournament. I missed something obviously. Oh thats it - it was the coaches fault. Thanks!
What a goof.

Of course.

All the good stuff that is accomplished is due to the players, blind luck, the size of the fan base, and mistakes by the other teams.

Failures, on the other hand, can be laid exclusively at the feet of the head coach.

When we were rolling over the opposition earlier in the season, the was not a word spoken about "The Zone". Lose a few and the M2Mers crawl out from the woodwork

It's much more fun to post stuff critical of Boeheim because it makes the posters look like they are smart or makes them feel like they are smart.

I have found as a fan that it is a lot easier to tell the coach what he should have done when something doesn't work.

I have acheived 100% infallibility on cases of going for it on 4th down in football, If my team makes the 1st down, I congratulate them for taking my advice. Otherwise it's "Shoulda kicked the Field Goal. Always take the opportunity to put the points on the board."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom