Pitt 2003 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt 2003

This game was the loudest I've ever heard the Dome for basketball.

It was unbelievable. That was also the game I realized we could contend for a national championship.

Poppy thank you very much for posting all these games. They are good memories and games from the past. I hope you have Michigan St 2003 all the games you have posted are great.

Poppy thank you very much for posting all these games. They are good memories and games from the past. I hope you have Michigan St 2003 all the games you have posted are great.

I only have a "Big Ten Classic" replay version of the MSU game.

Sweet. I saw myself on the court three times.

classic game.

Great to see an unheralded kid like McNeil be the hero.

Also, SU was pressing with the game tied, and under a minute to go?

Last, the guy dancing at the 9:10 mark cracked me up.

Great clip, thanks.

So glad I've never witnessed fans rushing the court in person. Just sayin'

Amazing how much better the dome looks today than just 9 years ago. It seemed like only 1 out of 20 people was wearing orange too. Amazing set of plays by McNeil late in that game. It's funny to see him with his usual spaced out look, high fiving random dudes that rushed the court the first time.

The Dome was electric that night. I was lucky to be there. Thank you so much for posting this.

i had many a great memory as a frosh that year but that one took the cake.. so much fun

This game was the loudest I've ever heard the Dome for basketball.

It was unbelievable. That was also the game I realized we could contend for a national championship.

The Georgetown game when Thompson got the 3 technicals and was booted was the loudest I've ever heard the dome. I swear the place was shaking and my ears were buzzing till I got to the bar to celebrate (then they may have buzzed for other reasons)

This was also the last time JB used m2m to win a game of any significance. Not trunk monkey, actual m2m.

This was also the last time JB used m2m to win a game of any significance. Not trunk monkey, actual m2m.
Thank you for sharing your feelings on the whole experience of that game. Very moving.

I was at the game with my father. Before the final play he said "Boeheim won't put a defender on the guy inbounding the ball and they will get a good shot-off."
I'm glad it worked out in the end. It was probably the most exciting Syracuse game I have attended.

Thank you for sharing your feelings on the whole experience of that game. Very moving.

Well I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

I remember trailing Pitt by 13 in that 2nd half, with about 12 minutes and change, before switching to m2m which ignited the comeback. The energy in that place increased every time SU scored in that run, essentially beating Pitt at its own game, reaching a crescendo in the final minutes. JB was not legally married to the zone until April of that year (a courtship that started in 1996) which is why he still had the occasional affair in times of distress.

It also was a precursor of the huge comeback against Ok State using McNeil to destroy them with the press. Our press wasn't useful, but they went directly at McNeil over and over, and he blocked them over and over. We wind up coming back from a huge deficit. Amazing season and game!

thanx poppy. great stuff.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

February 1, 2003. At the time I was working at a company just outside Albany (actually living in East Greenbush, a stone's throw from the Forth house...). I was planning to go to that game with my Dad, but the company I was working for had made some process changes a couple weeks before (changes I'd lobbied against but got overruled) that finally caught up to us on Friday night. I spent from around 2AM to 4PM Saturday at work; since there was no way to make the game I'd called and told my Dad to take Mom to the game. I went home, got about an hour of sleep, woke up and watched one of the top three basketball games I'd ever seen.

Sunday I updated my resume and started looking for a new job; by the end of the summer I'd moved on. So that's my memory of this game...

(PS - how in the hell was this game not on Orange Glory? Not sure what I'd have pulled out, but IMHO this not being included was a travesty)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom