Pitt, Cincy & Nashville trip in August | Syracusefan.com

Pitt, Cincy & Nashville trip in August

SUFaninNJ

Living Legend
My college roommate and I are doing a baseball trip plus Nashville next month. We’re hitting Pittsburgh first, followed by Cincinnati and finally Nashville. Any suggestions on places to stay or things that we must do? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

My college roommate and I are doing a baseball trip plus Nashville next month. We’re hitting Pittsburgh first, followed by Cincinnati and finally Nashville. Any suggestions on places to stay or things that we must do? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The Sonesta Hotel in Nashville (near the airport) is nice and has a shuttle that comes by to take folks to Broadway for a reasonable price.

In Pittsburgh definitely stay somewhere on the stadium side. Bars near the football stadium are a ton better than those near the baseball field. If you are a cigar and or bourbon guy BURN is a pretty good spot near the stadium.

Check out what the Heinz museum is offering - sometimes they have interesting exhibits to kill time.

Nashville is great - Broadway gets a little packed for my taste after Wednesday. The Gulch and Midway have some decent spots too.

Don't be afraid to stay downtown in Pittsburgh. It is an easy walk to the stadium using the Andy Warhol Bridge (cross over and turn left on Isabella St.) or, you can take the T (light rail). Hampton Inn on Smallwood St. is close to the Strip District. Courtyard, AC and Homewood Suites are all decent. Use Penn Ave. to/from bridge/hotel if you walk. More people, bars, lighting etc. at night.

Just booked Springhill Suites by Marriott in Pittsburgh. My buddy is taking care of Nashville. In Pittsburgh, there’s a Whiskey Rebellion tour that sounds kind of interesting.

I’ve stayed at The Union Station Nashville Yards about 20 years ago. Fun hotel with oddly shaped rooms, but was a good location. There used to be a Flying Saucer right next to it. First one of those I ever went to, and that was fun.

In Nashville you must hit lower Broadway and go to Robert’s good music, PBRs and good burgers

In Nashville go to Lower Broadway and there are several bars that have live music. I like Robert’s. PBR's for a couple of bucks, good live music where they pass the hat and good burgers. BrazilBilly is great.

Last edited:
I just found out that I guy I knew growing up just took a job at the Jim Beam Distillery as a tour guide. It appears to be located halfway between Cincy and Nashville.

if you're going to Beam (Clermont KY) drive another 20 mins SE to Bardstown and visit Lux Row, Heaven Hill, Willett or Preservation as well.
Would I need to call an Uber to get us the rest of the way to Nashville?!