Pitt is Also Going to Italy This Summer | Syracusefan.com

Pitt is Also Going to Italy This Summer

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Looks like they will get there earlier than Syracuse. The trips might overlap slightly.

Looks like they will get there earlier than Syracuse. The trips might overlap slightly.

So, you're saying we have a chance to beat them for the 4th time this season? ;)

So, you're saying we have a chance to beat them for the 4th time this season? ;)
Yup!

Miami is going to Italy this summer too. It will be interesting to see if any of the top junior players in Italy end up at one of these schools.

When the heck they giving the schedule? I would go if they announce within the next two weeks.

SU trip is August 10-20. Similar stops to Pitt's: Venice, Florence, Rome.

It's interesting that so many schools the are making foreign trips in August... have chosen Italy.
August in Italy -make sure your accommodations have AC.

SU trip is August 10-20. Similar stops to Pitt's: Venice, Florence, Rome.

It's interesting that so many schools the are making foreign trips in August... have chosen Italy.

Lots of things shut down in Italy in August as that’s when (societally) they take their vacations. Particularly in the big cities. Italians pack up and head to the coast. Tourist sites will be open but a lot of the more authentic parts of cities will be quiet. Maybe the schools get a deal because the hotels will have more availability.

There are a bunch of companies now that cater to university sport programs to put together these tours. Also, Cuse has their property in Florence. It would be great for the players to be able to get some insight from the SU faculty there. Probably will be a great experience for the team.

Lots of things shut down in Italy in August as that’s when (societally) they take their vacations. Particularly in the big cities. Italians pack up and head to the coast. Tourist sites will be open but a lot of the more authentic parts of cities will be quiet. Maybe the schools get a deal because the hotels will have more availability.

There are a bunch of companies now that cater to university sport programs to put together these tours. Also, Cuse has their property in Florence. It would be great for the players to be able to get some insight from the SU faculty there. Probably will be a great experience for the team.
SU has property in Florence?

SU has property in Florence?

The Syracuse Florence campus comprises five buildings all within a 5-minute walking distance of each other and within a 15-minute walk of Florence’s historic center. Villa Rossa (Piazza Savonarola, 15) is the administrative and academic hub of the campus and connects to the Annex, Dependance, Villino/Library through a splendid Tuscan garden. The art and architecture studios are located just a short walk away in Piazzale Donatello.

The Syracuse Florence campus comprises five buildings all within a 5-minute walking distance of each other and within a 15-minute walk of Florence’s historic center. Villa Rossa (Piazza Savonarola, 15) is the administrative and academic hub of the campus and connects to the Annex, Dependance, Villino/Library through a splendid Tuscan garden. The art and architecture studios are located just a short walk away in Piazzale Donatello.
Villa Rossa:

Piazza_savonarola_15%2C_villa_rossa_%28syracuse_university%29_02.JPG

I know at the least that USC and Yale allow their students to take classes at the SU campus in Florence and earn credits taking the Syracuse curriculum. This is something Syracuse does really well.

Villa Rossa:

Piazza_savonarola_15%2C_villa_rossa_%28syracuse_university%29_02.JPG

I know at the least that USC and Yale allow their students to take classes at the SU campus in Florence and earn credits taking the Syracuse curriculum. This is something Syracuse does really well.

It’s a great little campus. I’ve visited before. Good folks there.

Does JBs love of Italian food have anything to do with this trip??

I will be in Siciliy the first half of August. I was hoping they'd make a stop there

SU visiting Florence, Venice, Lake Como and Rome.

Schpitt to visit Reggio Calabria, Catanzaro, Bari and Cosenza. Team never seen again.

Something tells me Pitt won't forget to... pack... their...

bags.

Per Capel’s request they will spend their entire time there with the Italian National soccer team perfecting flops and dives.
During a Serie A game, when an Italian player goes down like he's been shot, it's because he's trying to draw a foul.
During an EPL game, when an English player goes down like he's been shot, it's because he's been shot.

I hope the ACCN is televising these overseas games beginning next summer.