PITT is not a top 25 quality team | Syracusefan.com

PITT is not a top 25 quality team

SuRaider307

2nd String
PITT looks like a team that will finish middle of the pack this year in the ACC. They were not very impressive. Just imagine how bad we might look the rest of the way this year.
Now i am going to say some things that many might disagree with. After last years early mistake putting Servais at center and riding that out until the season was basically shot.. and seeing the OL at least play competently afterwards when they finally made the change.. I lost some faith in the staff as a whole... Something did not add up.

I am seeing an Offense that looks extremely unprepared on how to attack our opponents D. I am seeing zero confidence in the starting QB by whoever the hell is calling plays. I am also seeing almost no type of consistent game plan to create favorable match-ups in space with play design and any sense of the ability to elevate our O by calling an above average game. It feels like we are calling plays as if throwing sh*^%T against a wall and seeing if we get lucky if something sticks. We play PITT every friggan year.. we kind of know what they will be doing on D. Are we game planning at all at this point? because it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

We have some type of breakdown across at least 1 Offensive position group every other play. We are undisciplined with our execution, we are undisciplined with the details. Taj and TD have been together for 2 friggan years and they are still misreading/on different page on D coverage.

At some point I have to start questioning the staff as a whole here. I could see in the 10 win season something was not right with our O.. Dungey made up for a ton of things because of his ability to run. We had the advantage of dictating that Defenses had to game plan to stop it.. Our advantages are gone now... All a D has to do is pressure us at the LOS and send an extra rusher. .thats it... So we have to game plan at a higher level and execute at a higher level to force them into adjusting TO US.. Its just not happening. This is MORE than a TD problem...

Yes the level of play from every offensive player needs to get better.. but OUR STAFF and COACHES need to perform/Plan/Coach at a much higher level. Watching games the last few weeks i see teams being somewhat rusty.. but nowhere near the level of ineptitude we are at with our offense. Its not all talent people.. As i said last year about our OL issues.. we had mediocre talent.. and they played that way after the staff made the correct adjustment at center.. Our talent is NOT THIS BAD ACROSS THE O POSITION GROUPS.. Its time for our Staff to elevate there game

Last edited:
Central Florida, Louisiana, Appalachian St, Memphis, Cincinatti...lots of non P5 teams in the top 25.

Let’s go back to the Big East.

In a normal year, they're not. This isn't a normal year. A number of programs will be able to hold their hat on "progress" made when half the country isn't playing. Louisiana was a Top 25 team coming into this week.

Our O talent is pretty bad. Outside of the first two GRob years, have we had worse talent? Our skill guys look like 8th graders in comparison to other teams. Our OL has been a mess all 5 years. It will take another 3 years for it to be fixed. Are we really going to wait till 2023 to see a competent O?

That being said this O system kinda sucks. Yes it will produce some quick strikes but more often than not we have short negative drives. That will kill your D in the 4th Q of games and in the final 4th of the season. The only season where we were actually able to sustain drives was 2018 and that was from Dungey willing us to first downs. I rather score a few ppg less each game and allow my D to perform better. You will win more games that way. Being able to score 60 points is great but what does it matter if you give up 70?

So, in a normal year, ‘objects in mirror aren’t as close as they appear.’ Thus, we are even further bottom dwellers. :(

Central Florida, Louisiana, Appalachian St, Memphis, Cincinatti...lots of non P5 teams in the top 25.

I'll never stop missing the Big East. The ACC does nothing for me.

Cincinnati
Louisville
Pitt
Rutgers
Syracuse
TCU
UConn
USF
West Virginia

Houston
Memphis
SMU or Temple ?
UB ?
UCF

That's a good conference. A nice blend of north and south schools. Let's do it. Not that TCU and West Virginia would leave the Big 12 though.

We have been a bust in the ACC, basketball and football. Two decent years. one basketball, one football, and zippo.

I actually think Pitt is solid. They will score points and move the ball, our defense played quite well.

3 of the power 5 teams haven't played a game that's why. Pitt is a 6 and 5 team.

PITT looks like a team that will finish middle of the pack this year in the ACC. They were not very impressive. Just imagine how bad we might look the rest of the way this year.
Now i am going to say some things that many might disagree with. After last years early mistake putting Servais at center and riding that out until the season was basically shot.. and seeing the OL at least play competently afterwards when they finally made the change.. I lost some faith in the staff as a whole... Something did not add up.

I am seeing an Offense that looks extremely unprepared on how to attack our opponents D. I am seeing zero confidence in the starting QB by whoever the hell is calling plays. I am also seeing almost no type of consistent game plan to create favorable match-ups in space with play design and any sense of the ability to elevate our O by calling an above average game. It feels like we are calling plays as if throwing sh*^%T against a wall and seeing if we get lucky if something sticks. We play PITT every friggan year.. we kind of know what they will be doing on D. Are we game planning at all at this point? because it sure as hell doesn't look like it.

We have some type of breakdown across at least 1 Offensive position group every other play. We are undisciplined with our execution, we are undisciplined with the details. Taj and TD have been together for 2 friggan years and they are still misreading/on different page on D coverage.

At some point I have to start questioning the staff as a whole here. I could see in the 10 win season something was not right with our O.. Dungey made up for a ton of things because of his ability to run. We had the advantage of dictating that Defenses had to game plan to stop it.. Our advantages are gone now... All a D has to do is pressure us at the LOS and send an extra rusher. .thats it... So we have to game plan at a higher level and execute at a higher level to force them into adjusting TO US.. Its just not happening. This is MORE than a TD problem...

Yes the level of play from every offensive player needs to get better.. but OUR STAFF and COACHES need to perform/Plan/Coach at a much higher level. Watching games the last few weeks i see teams being somewhat rusty.. but nowhere near the level of ineptitude we are at with our offense. Its not all talent people.. As i said last year about our OL issues.. we had mediocre talent.. and they played that way after the staff made the correct adjustment at center.. Our talent is NOT THIS BAD ACROSS THE O POSITION GROUPS.. Its time for our Staff to elevate there game

Pitt beat us with their C game today. They have a very good qb who will get drafted and talented skill guys, on both sides of the ball.

Our O talent is pretty bad. Outside of the first two GRob years, have we had worse talent? Our skill guys look like 8th graders in comparison to other teams. Our OL has been a mess all 5 years. It will take another 3 years for it to be fixed. Are we really going to wait till 2023 to see a competent O?

That being said this O system kinda sucks. Yes it will produce some quick strikes but more often than not we have short negative drives. That will kill your D in the 4th Q of games and in the final 4th of the season. The only season where we were actually able to sustain drives was 2018 and that was from Dungey willing us to first downs. I rather score a few ppg less each game and allow my D to perform better. You will win more games that way. Being able to score 60 points is great but what does it matter if you give up 70?
When we were hurrying, I was thinking why? Gets us more screwed up than the defense. 5 years in the hurry up should be blazing, every sub should be used to it. But clearly no. Where our offense is now, we would be better to huddle up, take our time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom