Pitt loses... One fewer unbeaten team out there! | Syracusefan.com

Pitt loses... One fewer unbeaten team out there!

13, you may be forgetting about Toledo, who is up 10 with 7 minutes to go.

Wichita St is @ Alabama, up 9 in the first half.

13, you may be forgetting about Toledo, who is up 10 with 7 minutes to go.

Wichita St is @ Alabama, up 9 in the first half.
I meant 12 aside from SU. Looking at the games involving ranked teams tonight, I thought Pitt had the most realistic chance of losing. I think Oregon, Wichita State and Toledo will win tonight

Last edited:
I see, yea Wichita St seems in control, every road game is tough though

Pitt finally plays their first tough opponent of the year after a fluff OOC schedule, and they get beat.

Still not sure how good they are.

I tried to watch a little of that game but . . . meh. I have a Christmas letter to write! It looked god awful to me.

Pitt @ Cincinnati, 44-43? I'd sooner eat live bees by the spoonful than watch that.

Last edited:
One of the things I'm looking forward to to being in the ACC is Pitt not being able to get away with their brand of thugball, and that was BEFORE the new emphasis on hand checking

I'm still worried about the guys at the top of the key that are setting "picks" against the top of the SU zone. ND is better at blocking there than they are in football. Drives me crazy when I see our guards fighting off a block up there and having it never be called only to watch Baye or Christmas get called when they do it once.

I tried to watch a little of that game but . . . meh. I have a Christmas letter to write! It looked god awful to me.
I started watching in middle of the second half. What a rock fight. When I was watching, they mentioned that Pitt had not scored a field goal in over 12 minutes. Not sure if they made one from that point forward.

Never found out; I had to change the channel. As with all Pitt games, it was brutal to try and watch. For the sake of young basketball players, that program should be banned from playing in the continental US earlier than 11 PM EST.

Also, as Jaime Dixon gets balder and balder, his efforts to hide this grow more and more disturbing. It looked like he had an Exxon Valdez level oil spill on his slicked back hair last night. He is turning into a cross between a high strung poodle and a middled aged Gene Keady. How unfortunate.

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited:
Long term it would be better for us the better Pitt does for conf and Syracuse's RPI. We're going to play them anyway. Might as well root for that win or loss to look as good as possible.

Never found out; I had to change the channel. As with all Pitt games, it was brutal to try and watch. For the sake of young basketball players, that program should be banned from playing in the continental US earlier than 11 PM EST.

Also, as Jaime Dixon gets balder and balder, his efforts to hide this grow more and more disturbing. It looked like he had an Exxon Valdez level oil spill on his slicked back hair last night. He is turning into a cross between a high strung poodle and a middled aged Gene Keady. How unfortunate.

Unknown.jpeg
[/quote]

Tomcat, you were in high form with this post. Seinfeld could have written it! What is it with all the Brylcreem? Don't these guys know that a LITTLE dab will do ya?

One of the things I'm looking forward to to being in the ACC is Pitt not being able to get away with their brand of thugball, and that was BEFORE the new emphasis on hand checking

Unless they have a new emphasis on gouging opponent's eyes out, Pitt should not be affected.

I can't wait to see the Hess/Stephens combo call one of their games. The opponent might be shooting in the bonus before the 1st TV timeout lol.
Stringer Bell! Great avatar Francis. I was literally rewatching the Wire just now when I noticed that.

Stringer Bell! Great avatar Francis. I was literally rewatching the Wire just now when I noticed that.
Thanks. I recently saw the episode again when he got killed and it just took me back to how surprised I was at the time when it happened. Stringer just struck me as one of those dudes who was untouchable but obviously thought he was too smart for his own good. I'm still holding out hope that they'll do a Wire movie.

Thanks. I recently saw the episode again when he got killed and it just took me back to how surprised I was at the time when it happened. Stringer just struck me as one of those dudes who was untouchable but obviously thought he was too smart for his own good. I'm still holding out hope that they'll do a Wire movie.
Yeah I never saw that coming. It really hits you hard. The only other time I felt that way was with Omar. I love how Marlo gets everything that Stringer wanted even though that isn't what he desires.

Last edited:
Pitt @ Cincinnati, 44-43? I'd sooner eat live bees by the spoonful than watch that.

When I turned it on while in progress it wasn't until the last 5 minutes that I realized it was the 2nd half. :eek:

Yeah I never saw that coming. It really hits you hard. The only other time I felt that way was with Omar. I love how Marlo gets everything that Stringer wanted even though that isn't what he desires.
Man I hated how Omar went out like that by a little kid smh at the writers lol.

Man I hated how Omar went out like that by a little kid smh at the writers lol.
Yeah I hated how he went out. I was very disappointed because he deserved better. I guess they wanted to demonstrate that that was the only why he was ever going to be taken out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom