Pitt/ND | Syracusefan.com

Pitt/ND

Pitt's defense is very good and they finish the possession with tough rebounds.

Pitt and Notre Dame, poster children of early exits in the Tourney because of play like this. And it isn't good defense.

It's kind of interesting how certain teams match up with each other better than others...

Over the past 5-10 years Pitt owns us, we own ND, and ND owns Pitt.

Always great to see Pitt get housed at home.

Helpful to us in terms of the standings, as well.

It's kind of interesting how certain teams match up with each other better than others...

Over the past 5-10 years Pitt owns us, we own ND, and ND owns Pitt.

Tell me why, because it drives me crazy and I'm being serious.

Man pitt looks pitifully awful. I hate that we lost to them.

How about usf always beats georgetown. Just some teams have success over certain teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all sound like they hit the bar early.

Total crap game.

the exchange about bilas being ridden was probably the best thing in the history of big monday
Wow. That was awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheen you play Pitt you beat them by playing man defense. Just put some pressure on the ball and sag on everyone else. They are not creative and they are not one on one players. They hurt our zone because they pass the ball well and they rebound like hell against zones. This league is all about matchups and style of play. It's very interesting when you watch different teams play against each other. You hope when you get in the tournament that you match up well with the teams you play.

Pitt owns us because they're always tougher than we are and Dixon is more savvy at coaching against our zone than any other coach in college basketball. We own ND because we traditionally have better athletes, we usually are able to get out in transition, and they tend to overshoot against our zone. I have no idea why ND is so successful against Pitt.

Pitt FG attempts from high to (whatever) tonight
9 (your leading scorer with 11 points)

Wheen you play Pitt you beat them by playing man defense. Just put some pressure on the ball and sag on everyone else. They are not creative and they are not one on one players. They hurt our zone because they pass the ball well and they rebound like hell against zones. This league is all about matchups and style of play. It's very interesting when you watch different teams play against each other. You hope when you get in the tournament that you match up well with the teams you play.

And ND zoned them the whole game..

Thanks all for the analysis. Their big guy looks like the second coming of Bill Russell against us and tonight he is just ordinary.

ND played zone today

All I know is it must be horrible to be a Pitt fan and watch their ugly form of basketball year in and year out. Oh and that comment from Jay about being ridden - priceless :) While the government has passed many crazy laws over the years, I would not mind it if they said all college basketball games MUST be broadcast by those 3 guys. Sure it would make the season longer but a hell of lot more enjoyable to listen to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom