Pitt wins in OT | Syracusefan.com

Pitt wins in OT

Sucks that they are our next game. Absolutely no chance to get a win streak going. I would rather play any other team in the nation than them right now.

Artis and Young will score 45. Can we limit the others to about 20? Then we have a shot. It's a terrible matchup but tonite we finally competed. We will need to bring that on Saturday.

Artis and Young will score 45. Can we limit the others to about 20? Then we have a shot. It's a terrible matchup but tonite we finally competed. We will need to bring that on Saturday.
Earlier today I was thinking it would be more than 55 against us but I have to rethink things after tonight. I honestly didn't expect to be this happy all season after the BC game. It was like a different team tonight and I think Miami is solid. They are a good rebounding team and we out rebounded them. It will be a tall order but I have a renewed sense of hope.

I'm not sure what to think of the ACC so far. These scores are weird. Miami beat NC State by 20. VPI beat Duke by 15 and NC State crushed VPI by 26.

Earlier today I was thinking it would be more than 55 against us but I have to rethink things after tonight. I honestly didn't expect to be this happy all season after the BC game. It was like a different team tonight and I think Miami is solid. They are a good rebounding team and we out rebounded them. It will be a tall order but I have a renewed sense of hope.
Not surprised that TRob and Lydon got their share of rebounds, but White with 10 to go with his 22 points was the player of the game IMO.

Pitt's offense is tremendous this year, but their D is weaker.

No Dixon obviously is huge for us. The question is - can the players beat the zone on their own/tell Stallings how to beat it? Or will Stallings install his own game plan?

This seems like a nightmare matchup for us, but I could see Pitt coming out hot, us adjusting, and Stallings not knowing how to answer.

Pitt has been giving up big numbers this year. Stallings has never been known as a defensive coach.

The thing about Pitt this year is that they really don't have a PG. Of course they have a bunch of guys who can all handle pretty well and pass it plus a bunch of guys who have had success against our zone. Not to mention the zone has been bad this year. Win or lose as long as we get the sort of effort we got last night it will be enjoyable to watch.

I think we have a great shot at a PITT win. They generally shred our zone, right? But this zone has been nothing like the zone of old (until last night). Maybe it's a "so bad, it's great against teams that know how to beat our best zone" kinda thing?

Calling it now: Artis and Young under 40. BOOM.

The thing about Pitt this year is that they really don't have a PG. Of course they have a bunch of guys who can all handle pretty well and pass it plus a bunch of guys who have had success against our zone. Not to mention the zone has been bad this year. Win or lose as long as we get the sort of effort we got last night it will be enjoyable to watch.

All of this. I thought last night: give me a season of L's when they play fast and loose and hard and I'll be in a much better state of mind than the I saw the last month.

Sucks that they are our next game. Absolutely no chance to get a win streak going. I would rather play any other team in the nation than them right now.

Jamie Dixon is gone. We don't need to be afraid of them anymore.

Jamie Dixon is gone. We don't need to be afraid of them anymore.
It depends, are they still allowed to mug our players? If so, more of the same. I think their team without Dixon flows better, the offense seems better than years past.

I see what you are doing. Trying to keep the pessimism we all showed before last night's game going since that was obviously why we won last night.

I see what you are doing. Trying to keep the pessimism we all showed before last night's game going since that was obviously why we won last night.

Whoops, is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning this morning?

Whoops, is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning this morning?

Nope. I just have a feeling he's trying to pull the old reverse psychology.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom