PJ Hairston in the news again | Syracusefan.com

PJ Hairston in the news again

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Obviously, this is not the first time there has ever been a skirmish in a basketball game- it's not that hard to find the clip of our 1987 game against Cornell. But seems like if I already had a history of off the court issues and decision making that almost derailed my career, I'd probably try to make it more than 2 weeks after being drafted before getting a fight with a high school kid, regardless of who started it.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...punched-a-high-school-player-at-a-pickup-game

If he's guilty of this one he might not have an NBA future. Don't understand what his problem is.

If he's guilty of this one he might not have an NBA future. Don't understand what his problem is.

seriously? the cops weren't even called. not even roger goodell would suspend someone over this.

So why would his agent issue a news release if the cops weren't notified? Trying to get ahead of the story and do damage control? :noidea:

Reactions: cto
So why would his agent issue a news release if the cops weren't notified? Trying to get ahead of the story and do damage control? :noidea:
Yes...because there's this thing called the Internet and everything gets on it.
Everyone is a news person.
There's no such thing as a secret any more...definitely not when it occurs in public (as MCW learned, for example).
The news release heads off Internet buzz about the incident.
Hairston may be lucky no one rolled video or snapped photos.

Personally, I'm more interested in hearing from the high school kid.

PJ Haiston has been charged with assault and battery. The same PJ Hairston who got busted driving a luxury SUV rented by 6 time felon Fats Thomas with an ounce and a half of weed and baggies. People continue to make excuses and cover for this guy. That's going to end up costing him dearly in the long run.

and somehow josh gordon was driving his car when he was arrested for DUI

PJ Haiston has been charged with assault and battery. The same PJ Hairston who got busted driving a luxury SUV rented by 6 time felon Fats Thomas with an ounce and a half of weed and baggies. People continue to make excuses and cover for this guy. That's going to end up costing him dearly in the long run.

I had more than that in my car today. "Just sayin". Maybe your neighbor has a bottle of whiskey that was sold to him by someone with no criminal record, but he uses as lubricant to beat his wife. Which is worse? Don't get me wrong, I personally prefer drinking, but I dislike hypocrisy and ignorance.

We live in a society with messed up ideals. Sex is a bad thing(look, I cant even write the word on here it's so blasphemous, what a joke), but it's fine to show violence all day on tv or even more graphic in movies without getting a nc-17, and we wonder why people have the inclinations they do when our minds are repeatedly condition to react in these ways.

We're also conditioned to judge others to try to make ourselves feel in some way superior to others without having to improve ourselves. Maybe Hairston is the monster some of you make him out to be, but some of this is just petty and I'd be ashamed if I caught myself doing this as much as any of the behavior he's being condemned for, as I'd imagine it's even more systematic and unconscious living than what he's doing. Live and let live/die.

Last edited:
I had more than that in my car today. "Just sayin". Maybe your neighbor has a bottle of whiskey that was sold to him by someone with no criminal record, but he uses as lubricant to beat his wife. Which is worse? Don't get me wrong, I personally prefer drinking, but I dislike hypocrisy and ignorance.

We live in a society with messed up ideals. s e x is a bad thing(look, I cant even write the word on here it's so blasphemous, what a joke), but it's fine to show violence all day on tv or even more graphic in movies without getting a nc-17, and we wonder why people have the inclinations they do when our minds are repeatedly condition to react in these ways.

We're also conditioned to judge others to try to make ourselves feel in some way superior to others without having to improve ourselves. Maybe Hairston is the monster some of you make him out to be, but some of this is just petty and I'd be ashamed if I caught myself doing this as much as any of the behavior he's being condemned for, as I'd imagine it's even more systematic and unconscious living than what he's doing. Live and let live/die.

Did you type this while awake or do you suffer from sleep surfing?

We live in a society with messed up ideals. s e x is a bad thing(look, I cant even write the word on here it's so blasphemous, what a joke), but it's fine to show violence all day on tv or even more graphic in movies without getting a nc-17, and we wonder why people have the inclinations they do when our minds are repeatedly condition to react in these ways.

So you're selling too, or are riding around with enough weed to catch a felony charge for shiits and gigs? Look, I'm a libertarian and I thing most anything that doesn't result in a victim should be legal. The problem is it is illegal and he's going down a path that's moronic for someone who is about to sign a contract for $3 million or so.

So you're selling too, or are riding around with enough weed to catch a felony charge for shiits and gigs? Look, I'm a libertarian and I thing most anything that doesn't result in a victim should be legal. The problem is it is illegal and he's going down a path that's moronic for someone who is about to sign a contract for $3 million or so.

In my state it isn't a felony to have 2 ounces of weed. It isn't a misdemeanor. It isn't even a $1 ticket. People worked hard to start restoring liberties here(crime is down, revenue is up). You know what they say about making assumptions.

I do mostly agree with the the 2nd half of your post, as misguided and judgmental as the first half and overall tone is.

In my state it isn't a felony to have 2 ounces of weed. It isn't a misdemeanor. It isn't even a $1 ticket. People worked hard to start restoring liberties here(crime is down, revenue is up). You know what they say about making assumptions.

I do mostly agree with the the 2nd half of your post, as misguided and judgmental as the first half and overall tone is.

In NYC you can be arrested from blocking pedestrian traffic. There's a famous case where a black bus driver is just standing in front of his own building talking to someone and he gets arrested for blocking pedestrian traffic. There was no one around but these two guys talking. The guy was still wearing his tie and bus driving uniform. I guess the police just didn't like the way he looked. Gee, the guy was just standing in front of his home. So much for liberty!

§ 240.20 Disorderly conduct.
A person is guilty of disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause
public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk
thereof:
1. He engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening
behavior; or
2. He makes unreasonable noise; or
3. In a public place, he uses abusive or obscene language, or makes an
obscene gesture; or
4. Without lawful authority, he disturbs any lawful assembly or
meeting of persons; or
5. He obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or