Platoon System Next Season (what if...) | Syracusefan.com

Platoon System Next Season (what if...)

TBCuse11

Starter
no, i do not think we would nor do i want us to ever do this. But just for s and giggles, if we have to choose 10 players next year and Jim lost his mind and went platoon... how would you split them up? Gotta keep them somewhat balanced since the plan would be to play them all somewhat evenly. And this assumes McC is gone and Coleman is HERE.

You can only pick 10 players, the rest are S.O.L. Mine would be:

Orange:
Gbinjie
Patterson
Malachi
Roberson
Bryant

Blue:
Joseph
Cooney
BJ
Diagne
Coleman

i found this tough. I guess Lydon and Howard would be out. BLUE would start.

It's nice in theory but even if we DO platoon, this is my guess at starters:

PG: Joseph
SG: Cooney
SF: Gbinije
PF: Roberson
C: Bryant

6th Man: Richardson

TBCuse11 said:
no, i do not think we would nor do i want us to ever do this. But just for s and giggles, if we have to choose 10 players next year and Jim lost his mind and went platoon... how would you split them up? Gotta keep them somewhat balanced since the plan would be to play them all somewhat evenly. And this assumes McC is gone and Coleman is HERE. You can only pick 10 players, the rest are S.O.L. Mine would be: Orange: Gbinjie Patterson Malachi Roberson Bryant Blue: Joseph Cooney BJ Diagne Coleman i found this tough. I guess Lydon and Howard would be out. BLUE would start.

I wouldn't be opposed to this quite honestly. Would be interesting.

It's nice in theory but even if we DO platoon, this is my guess at starters:

PG: Joseph
SG: Cooney
SF: Gbinije
PF: Roberson
C: Bryant

6th Man: Richardson

i know its all hypothetical... its just a brain exercise i guess. But the 5 you list are probably the best 5 we would have. that would leave the second platoon outmanned when they were on the court i think.

You can bet Mike, Cooney, Kaleb are all returning starters. Then you are likely plugging in Roberson with Chris's expected departure. That leaves either Bryant or DC2 if healthy. I know not the point of the thread but really JB is never going to platoon IMO, never ever ever.

I don't think you'll ever see a platoon in College Basketball (Like were seeing with Kentucky ) or least with the level of talent Kentucky has. This is where I give Coach Cal a lot of credit.

You can bet Mike, Cooney, Kaleb are all returning starters. Then you are likely plugging in Roberson with Chris's expected departure. That leaves either Bryant or DC2 if healthy. I know not the point of the thread but really JB is never going to platoon IMO, never ever ever.

yeah, there is no point really. just wondering how people would split our roster evenly in to two groups of 5 like Coach Cal did. I am aware who would probably start in a normal setting, thats not the point. you wouldnt just put your best 5 out there and then 6-10 on the other platoon. that second group would get killed.

no, i do not think we would nor do i want us to ever do this. But just for s and giggles, if we have to choose 10 players next year and Jim lost his mind and went platoon... how would you split them up? Gotta keep them somewhat balanced since the plan would be to play them all somewhat evenly. And this assumes McC is gone and Coleman is HERE.

You can only pick 10 players, the rest are S.O.L. Mine would be:

Orange:
Gbinjie
Patterson
Malachi
Roberson
Bryant

Blue:
Joseph
Cooney
BJ
Diagne
Coleman

i found this tough. I guess Lydon and Howard would be out. BLUE would start.
if McC comes back who is your next out? Diagne? DC2? If DC2 is healthy i would think Diagne

if McC comes back who is your next out? Diagne? DC2? If DC2 is healthy i would think Diagne

probably BJ. McC can play the 3. hes alot better than people think. he hasnt been great obviously, but the kid is a talent.

That would be pretty cool to have two solid teams of 5 for practice even if all 10 don't play in the games. There's been several years we didn't have 10 scholarship players for practice.

The only way JB is going platoon is if he joins the National Guard.

Platoon or not, I like any lineup with Bryant in it at SU!