Play-in games | Syracusefan.com

Play-in games

Marty McFly

Resident Lurker
Just looking at the s curve again... How does 41-42, and 43-44 end up squaring off. Shouldn't it be 41-44, 42-43, like a mini regional?

Just looking at the s curve again... How does 41-42, and 43-44 end up squaring off. Shouldn't it be 41-44, 42-43, like a mini regional?

At this level of sucktitude, does it really even matter?
We all juuuust baaaaaarely squeaked in, so who cares?

Beat whomever the team across from you is.
Survive and advance.

At this level of sucktitude, does it really even matter?
We all juuuust baaaaaarely squeaked in, so who cares?

Beat whomever the team across from you is.
Survive and advance.

That was I kinda thought.

the play in was st bon vs nd and asu vs cuse, they probably wanted to avoid having the 2 acc matchup thus the pairings as is

I agree. An 11 seed should not be in the play in game.
This was done because they didn’t want to push additional automatic qualifiers into the first round. Remember, they expanded to 68 teams from 65. They added 2 at large playins and 1 additional 16 seed playin.

This was done because they didn’t want to push additional automatic qualifiers into the first round. Remember, they expanded to 68 teams from 65. They added 2 at large playins and 1 additional 16 seed playin.

I understand why they did it. I just happen to disagree with the logic. I think the teams seeded 61-68 should be in the play-in games.

I understand why they did it. I just happen to disagree with the logic. I think the teams seeded 61-68 should be in the play-in games.

The logic is simple: 11 seed play ins with two P5 schools will get much higher TV ratings than 61-68 teams.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for. When we get back to a top 4 see level, if they made all the play in game at the back of the field, it would make our first round game different. Say we were a 4 seed, we would be playing what is normally a 12 instead of a 13.

How about no play in games and they go back to 64 teams
This. But if there have to be play-ins, I prefer they all go to At Large teams. I think if you win your conference, you shouldn't have to face off against another 16. You've earned the right to be annihilated by a 1 seed. I don't see them expanding any more as I'm not sure there is enough interest in the games. Every bracket pool I see doesn't even make you choose who wins the play-ins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom