Player development needs to improve | Syracusefan.com

Player development needs to improve

Alsacs

Living Legend
Our players shouldn’t be finished products by their second year.
Their should be actual visual improvements in the players.
I don’t see anybody getting better from last year. That is just bad.
Just making shots is excuse making.

JB isn’t going anywhere but asking for some change isn’t unreasonable if I were Wildhack.

Yes that probably needs to improve but recruiting offensively skilled players is a must. We also need more athleticism, especially at Guard, and guys who don’t get pushed around so easily.

It doesn't help when two of your key players are in LA and Vegas. They, especially Oshae, arguably came back worse.

Regarding development as a whole, I've been beating this drum for some time. What are the assistants doing? Frank's ball handling is arguably the same as it was as a freshman. Oshae can't put the ball on the floor at all. The S&C leaves a lot to be desired. They don't need to look like linebackers, but they shouldn't be twigs either.

There is a lot wrong with the basketball program and development is one of the main reasons why. You could get by on 3-4 star guys if they got better from year to year.

JB isn’t going anywhere but asking for some change isn’t unreasonable if I were Wildhack.

JB owns Wildhack as demonstrated by the fact that he’s still coaching and Hop isn’t here,

If ever there was a poster boy for being great as a freshman and not being as good So-Sr its our assistant coach. Winning a NC covers up a lot though.

Our 3 best players from last year are all worse, statistically speaking.
Actually, all of our returning players are worse this year, statistically speaking.
That says something, I think.
Has that ever happened before, where you return your WHOLE TEAM and they all got worse?
Asking for a friend.

JB owns Wildhack as demonstrated by the fact that he’s still coaching and Hop isn’t here,

I don't think Wildhack was here yet, was he?

Brissett and Battle weren’t here all summer. Not sure what trainers they were working with, but obviously it didn’t help.

They were too busy working on their NBA three point shots and hanging with the cool kids.

Anyone who didn't expect the numbers of our top 3 guys to be down wasn't paying attention. We replaced a walk on and a quitter with Jalen and Buddy, and Hughes for Moyer. Everyone knew coming in we'd be spreading things out more this year.

That's not to say that last year's big 3 need to be more consistent, but "their numbers are all down" ain't exactly helping your argument.

I believe he was, but please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right. Wildhack was hired in July 2016. Mike left in March 2017.
I would guess that once Wildhack was hired, Mike saw that he would not force Boeheim out.
So Mike told his agent to keep his eye out for a good opportunity.
Mike was not hot on the recruiting trail that last season, and he even seemed a little detached on the sidelines during games; not quite as fired up at times. C'est la vie. SU made their bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom