Player minutes | Syracusefan.com

Player minutes

DonLightfoot

All Conference
Since I don’t have a life, I thought I would get these stats together for something to do. First number is average minutes through first seven games and the second number is versus Georgetown. Obviously it doesn’t mean a lot this early based on the various levels of competition we have faced thus far, but there are a few differences that standout a bit under Hop. You can read into this whatever you like.

Cooney – 39.0/38
Gbinije – 36.7/ 40
Richardson – 33.1/28
Lydon – 32.6/31
Roberson – 32.3/26
Coleman – 13.4/ 21
Joseph – 9.3/3
Howard – 3.9/13
Obokoh – 3.3/0

Thanks for compiling. Roberson got in foul trouble, so that probably accounts for some of the varience between his minutes and Coleman.

The only other real difference seems to be Joseph / Howard exchanging the 7th man role minutes.

Richardson, who was off, played slightly fewer minutes, too.

Coleman at 20 mpg is the sweet spot. Lydon and Richardson should stay in the high 20's, unless they're going off. G and Cooney are going to die. Howard is probably better suited for 8-ish. Joseph could handle around 8 mpg, too. I wish resting G and Cooney at the same time was an option, but I don't want to know what that offense would look like.

Since I don’t have a life, I thought I would get these stats together for something to do. First number is average minutes through first seven games and the second number is versus Georgetown. Obviously it doesn’t mean a lot this early based on the various levels of competition we have faced thus far, but there are a few differences that standout a bit under Hop. You can read into this whatever you like.

Cooney – 39.0/38
Gbinije – 36.7/ 40
Richardson – 33.1/28
Lydon – 32.6/31
Roberson – 32.3/26
Coleman – 13.4/ 21
Joseph – 9.3/3
Howard – 3.9/13
Obokoh – 3.3/0
Thanks for compiling. Will be interesting to track as Hop coaches the next 7. I was surprised how little run Howard and KJ got in the 2nd half tonight. Really felt Hop could've subbed G out around the 5 or 6min mark. Probably not a knock on Hop since JB would've done the same thing, ha. The minutes against St. John's will be interesting.

The ball was swung to Joseph in the first half on the left wing, he had a wide open three and he passed it up and drove directly into traffic. Plays like that, not being aggressive is why he doesn't play.

The ball was swung to Joseph in the first half on the left wing, he had a wide open three and he passed it up and drove directly into traffic. Plays like that, not being aggressive is why he doesn't play.
Exactly. If he is doing nothing positive for the team, he doesnt deserve to play. He's clearly not ready yet. Neither is Chino.

Exactly. If he is doing nothing positive for the team, he doesnt deserve to play. He's clearly not ready yet. Neither is Chino.

Do you think coaching is an issue? Just curious - I mean, Joseph (now), Patterson (gone), BJ Johnson (gone), Howard...how soon before we coach someone up to the point where they can contribute in the second half of a 20 to 30 point win? Or recruit someone capable of playing moderately competent defense or offense to provide depth. G is pretty much a SF playing PG - and doing well.

Do you think coaching is an issue? Just curious - I mean, Joseph (now), Patterson (gone), BJ Johnson (gone), Howard...how soon before we coach someone up to the point where they can contribute in the second half of a 20 to 30 point win? Or recruit someone capable of playing moderately competent defense or offense to provide depth. G is pretty much a SF playing PG - and doing well.

I'm not going to go through all the reasons why some people aren't on the team, but at some point it's a YOU problem. Our staff does a great job developing players skills, but no coach should have to beg someone to play hard at the D1 level. Joseph still can't play defense through no fault of his own. Maybe his arms are too heavy.

Was hoping Hopkins would open up the PT a little

I’ll blame it on Boeheim still actually running the show. But seriously, in a blowout win against Colgate, Howard nets 7 minutes? That’s disgraceful.

don’t complain in February that the guards are worn out. I couldn’t help but think of Eric Dungey when GBinje was still in the game with 3 minutes left up 20 some points.

The Roberson foul trouble thing is a big part of it. I'm wondering how much of this has to do with discussions they had before Boeheim left regarding playing time going forward. I really thought Kaleb was going to come in this year and be a big part of this team. I'm not saying I'm giving up on him but I can't remember the last kid I was this wrong about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom