Seamus Shanley
Kyle Knapp
Tyler Provo
Sean Avant
PJ Batten
James Washington Jr.
Josh Manley
Ryan Sloan

Knapp, Vigille, Manley, and Simmons are probably the three that surprise me most.

Especially Knapp.

Knapp, Vigille, and Simmons are probably the three that surprise me most.

Especially Knapp.

Seriously--what happened with Knapp this preseason? Was it really an injury or something conduct-related [he got left home on the Fort Drum trip, as well]? This makes no sense.

Donnie Simmons is hurt and not playing this season. Tore his ACL.

I think Vigille will be good soon. Right now, he's just got too many other guys ahead of him, including two JUCOs.

Knapp sat out part of the preseason with an injury. Maybe it's still lingering.

Not sure about Manley. I thought he'd be getting more playing time by now.

Seriously--what happened with Knapp this preseason? Was it really an injury or something conduct-related [he got left home on the Fort Drum trip, as well]? This makes no sense.
I think he has a concussion related injury.

Any idea what the deal is with Manley and Sloan?

I think he has a concussion related injury.

Any idea what the deal is with Manley and Sloan?

Yikes--that stinks. Hate to hear that kind of news.

Regardless, thanks for the update RMH.

The more I look at this list, a bunch of these guys are hurt - Keenan Hale, Macauley Hill, Corey Winfield (probably still hurt).

Steve Rene is kind of a surprise to me, considering he's a senior and there's been no mention of an injury. He hasn't been a very good PR and there's no way he gets the ball as a RB but still it's got to be difficult for him to deal with.

Isn't that Scissum in this photo... Are we sure this list is right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 124
Isn't that Scissum in this photo... Are we sure this list is right?

That does look like him. Why did I take Cohen's word as fact? I'll know better next time. :cool:

I can't believe there's a guy named Seamus Shanley on the roster. That's too awesome.

headshot_1_ShanleySeaus_2012.jpg
He moonlighted as Tacklerberry during the 80's

... nice of him to join the squad

Attachments

• 2013-08-31-14-34-22--322434013.jpeg
    2013-08-31-14-34-22--322434013.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 85
That's at least 2. Maybe 4.

Yeah...that's what happens when I edit in one name and forget to take out another. I'd blame it on booze but I've only had one beer.

Marona not on the list of those who didn't go...thought he was out injured.
Sounds like Chauncy is there..

Proto1⃣5⃣@Cscizz_21 19h
Leaving for Met Life Stadium in the morning #timesout

Why would vigille not be making the trip, is he injured? The kid was on special teams last year. Manley, Sloan, Washington, Knapp (who I thought was back), doesn't make a lot of sense.

True frosh aside, I thought teams generally traveled 55 kids but for this game it doesn't add up to not travel more kids.

Re: Sloan
Here's Cohen's comments, take it for what it's worth:

Sloan, a sophomore, is listed as the third-string nose tackle on Scott Shafer's preseason depth chart. He is behind Eric Crume and Zian Jones.
I haven't heard his name mentioned at all this preseason when it comes to players likely to see the field this season. Crume, Jones, Jay Bromley and John Raymon have asserted themselves as the leading quartet on the interior of the defensive line, so it will be difficult for Sloan to crack the rotation.
He may see a few plays here or there, but I can't see him earning significant time on the field. He has yet to play in a game for Syracuse.

Knapp was at Fort Drum, he was clearly in the video of the team getting off the bus with the drill instructors yelling at them

Knapp was at Fort Drum, he was clearly in the video of the team getting off the bus with the drill instructors yelling at them

Didn't he miss a significant portion of the team's time there for some reason?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom