Players who commit to SU | Syracusefan.com

Players who commit to SU

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Need to know they need to commit 100% to academics as well as basketball, not through words but actions, for its actions that only matter. Sorry fab but you let the cuse nation down , fans, teammates, coaches , and the community. Im sure he was warned to step his seriousness game to academics up but i think he didnt care because he had intention of returning next season.

Signed ,
Disgruntled superfan.

Need to know they need to commit 100% to academics as well as basketball, not through words but actions, for its actions that only matter. Sorry fab but you let the cuse nation down , fans, teammates, coaches , and the community. Im sure he was warned to step his seriousness game to academics up but i think he didnt care because he had intention of returning next season.

Signed ,
Disgruntled superfan.
Well Dion completed his semester in good standing and Kris and Scoop graduated so Fab is the clear exception, not the rule. JB is recruiting good kids.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That 1000 APR score really shows that our players don't focus on academics...

Signed ,
Disgruntled superfan.

Is there a statute of limitations on the animosity for Fab Melo ?

I dont hate him but when i think of him i think that he let us all down, thats as far as it goes.

His coach and teammates took the high road on this. Since they were all closer to the situation than any of us, that's enough for me.

His coach and teammates took the high road on this. Since they were all closer to the situation than any of us, that's enough for me.
Yes they did, but im telling the real story, something that they cant do, because they have to say the right thing, if taking the high road means not being honest than im against it.

Yes they did, but im telling the real story, something that they cant do, because they have to say the right thing, if taking the high road means not being honest than im against it.
You're not telling the real story, you're expressing your opinion and frustration as a fan. There's a big difference.

Also, "taking the high road" does not equate to "not being honest" or "saying the right thing." Sometimes a person's actions and demeanor tell you more than their words alone. Just something to think about.

not that he is without fault, but there is more to Fab's story than what you have reduced it to

You're not telling the real story, you're expressing your opinion and frustration as a fan. There's a big difference.

Also, "taking the high road" does not equate to "not being honest" or "saying the right thing." Sometimes a person's actions and demeanor tell you more than their words alone. Just something to think about.

They said the right thing from a pr point of view and supporting the player and team, but thats it.

They said the right thing from a pr point of view and supporting the player and team, but thats it.

Again, that's your opinion of the situation. But that's all it is. None of us here know exactly what happened. But the reality of the situation is almost certainly more complex than it is black and white.

Again, that's your opinion of the situation. But that's all it is. None of us here know exactly what happened. But the reality of the situation is almost certainly more complex than it is black and white.
And again the team and coaches will support their own publically,pretty much on everything.

And again the team and coaches will support their own publically,pretty much on everything.

To me, Fab's coach and teammates have all seemed sincere whenever speaking publicly about his situation. If they're working from a prepared script (as you seem to believe), I'd say they're all excellent actors.

Can anyone here tell me why we can't get the full story?

The man has moved on. He left Syracuse, got drafted into the NBA, and is now attempting to live the dream as an NBA player. It's clear that several people on this board know the full reason for Fab being suspended. I'm just curious why the rest of us can't know as well. Is it to save him from embarrassment? Is it to protect the operations of the university?

If I can't know the full story, I'd at least like to know why I can't know the full story. This might have already been posted, but if so, I missed it and there's no way I'll find it. If someone can throw me a bone and fill me in on that, I'd appreciate it.

Im sure he was warned to step his seriousness game to academics up but i think he didnt care because he had intention of returning next season.

Not intending to be picky... but didn't you mean to say that he had NO INTENTION of returning?

Some things are better left unspoken. As fans we really aren't entitled to any information about academic deficiencies or off court improprieties of student athletes. I've chosen to simply appreciate what things of benefit to the program Fab brought to SU and simply leave it at that. Anything outside of accepting things for how they actually turned out is simply an exercise in futility.

If you put your focus on positive aspects they become larger. Conversely, if you focus on the negative they appear larger as well. The choice is yours.

Some things are better left unspoken. As fans we really aren't entitled to any information about academic deficiencies or off court improprieties of student athletes. I've chosen to simply appreciate what things of benefit to the program Fab brought to SU and simply leave it at that. Anything outside of accepting things for how they actually turned out is simply an exercise in futility.

If you put your focus on positive aspects they become larger. Conversely, if you focus on the negative they appear larger as well. The choice is yours.

You are so right!

Just wondering if there was a real reason we couldn't know what happened.

Thanks for the life lesson though.

Signed ,
Disgruntled superfan.

The way I look at it. You can either have good basketball basketball players who put academics first. Or you can have elite basketball talent, championship runs, televised games, etc. If you choose elite basketball talent, many (probably most) of them are going to be far more interested in making the NBA than doing well in school (which is the right decision for them personally, you can always go back to school, but you've only got one shot at the NBA).

If you want to see good basketball players who put academics first, LeMoyne has an excellent program, they are just down the road, and you can get a first row seat to their games for $5 or something like that. Plenty of seats are still available.

Just wondering if there was a real reason we couldn't know what happened.

Thanks for the life lesson though.

I will be at your local Good Will's teaching Life Lessons 101 throughout NYS, in the month of August, dont miss it, it could cost you big time!

The notion that fans, or more generally the public, should not be privy to off court behavior is not too far removed from the view at Pennsylvania State University that matters should be handled internally.

not that he is without fault, but there is more to Fab's story than what you have reduced it to
A story written, directed, and produced by Fab.

Well Dion completed his semester in good standing and Kris and Scoop graduated so Fab is the clear exception, not the rule. JB is recruiting good kids.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You and AC just made the same point.

AC wasn't blaming JB. He was blaming Fab. And if Fab is the exception in a group where there are other measureables, then it's clearly on Fab.

But the other poster is right...no point in bringing this back up. Everyone is disappointed...it's in the past...let it drop.

44cuse

I 'm w

Signed ,
Disgruntled superfan.
ith you on this one Albany. Fab had his own agenda since stepping on campus and the program and education were both tied for the bottom of the list.:oops:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom