Playing Golf... | Syracusefan.com

Playing Golf...

our league is hoping to begin some day soon.. course is closed until july so have to make alternative arrangements so we may start out league end of may someplace else..

no bar and hanging out after is a bummer..

My course is opening next week - only twosomes.

Has anyone played tanner valley? What is that course like? Anyone know the Burts?

My course is opening next week - only twosomes.

Has anyone played tanner valley? What is that course like? Anyone know the Burts?
I have played Tanner Valley.

it has some nice holes. Starts out with a couple innocuous holes out in the open. I think there is a pump on the side of one of the holes with a fence around it. Strange but in the country, strange is normal. So far, so good.

Then on hole #3, it heads into the woods. There are two holes with little light but lots of hungry horse flies.

I have lived in upstate NY for almost my whole life. I have been bitten by a horse fly maybe 20 times. I would say 18 of those bites were incurred on those two holes. Every time I have played that course, and those holes in particular, I would feel a burst of pain, then another, then another. By the time we emerged from the darkness, I would always have a few streams of blood running down my shins to my socks.

Not a bad course. Gives you a nice chance to drive the 13 curves. But beware the horse flies. You have been warned.