Playing Time: Recruitment and Transfers | Syracusefan.com

Playing Time: Recruitment and Transfers

arbitragegls

All Conference
Just saw that Tyler Harris is transferring from NC State because of playing time. Question is how important is playing time for a recruit. I always thought NN was not coming to 'Cuse for at least one reason which was playing time...competing against more experienced players that already established themselves...he would have been up against Christmas, Keita, DC2, Sutherland..etc.

Prospects want to play and players on campus want to play...how does this play out with recruitment...we say we have 2-4 wings that are good...how do we go get a 4 or 5 star kid to come here and be happy on the bench...just wondering?

Just saw that Tyler Harris is transferring from NC State because of playing time. Question is how important is playing time for a recruit. I always thought NN was not coming to 'Cuse for at least one reason which was playing time...competing against more experienced players that already established themselves...he would have been up against Christmas, Keita, DC2, Sutherland..etc.

Prospects want to play and players on campus want to play...how does this play out with recruitment...we say we have 2-4 wings that are good...how do we go get a 4 or 5 star kid to come here and be happy on the bench...just wondering?

Interesting about Harris. I wonder if he will end up in the Big East . . . St. Johns, Rutgers, Seton Hall?

I think NN would get playing time no matter where he went. IMO, I think the reason he did not come to SU is academics. I have heard that he really isn't the greatest student and after he saw what happened with Fab and his situation he realized that he would have to take his own classes and tests. At Kentucky he can have someone else do his school work for him. I have no proof that this happens, I have just heard this through the grapevine. How else would their APR be so high; especially with all of their one and dones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom