Please Chill with SU Football | Syracusefan.com

Please Chill with SU Football

mlbball99

2nd String
Please hold off on the H0T Takes.

We are as good as our starting quarterback will take us.

Eric Dungey led us to a 4-4 record. Zach Mahoney has led us to a 1-9 record these past 2 years.

My point is, please take a chill pill on the H0T Takes of F this team, F Dino etc. We need our starting quarterback in there. Dino harped on building depth and the underbelly of this team. Well next year we will have Devito AND dungey. Next year is the year dino built this team for. The takes that are occurring now remind me of when Shafer was heading this program. We had no quarterback. T HUNT got hurt. We showed flashes with dungey until he got hurt and then we had Mahoney/AJ Long/Mitch Kimble running the show. And we were right back to rock bottom. We are okay, still progressing and WE. WILL. WIN!

by the same token had we actually qualified for a bowl there would be 100 "i told ya so" posts. would you muzzle those takes as well. injuries happen . part of the game. never a good excuse.

by the same token had we actually qualified for a bowl there would be 100 "i told ya so" posts. would you muzzle those takes as well. injuries happen . part of the game. never a good excuse.

“Excuse” is another word for reason.

We played a better version of this Louisville team in perfect conditions with our starting QB last year and were within 2 TD middle of the 3rd - all in the second game of the Babers era.

QB matters. Injuries always matter.

We didn’t have enough leftover to be competitive against the best college QB in the game right now.

We played a better version of this Louisville team in perfect conditions with our starting QB last year and were within 2 TD middle of the 3rd - all in the second game of the Babers era.

We didn’t have enough leftover to be competitive against the best college QB in the game right now.
In no way should UL scored more against us than they did against Murray State.

murray state.PNG
syracuse.PNG

At first glance, abysmal.

"We didn’t have enough leftover to be competitive against the best college QB in the game right now.[/QUOTE]"

well my praise for dino this season has been even if we're not winning, the games are competitive and enjoyable to watch. yesterday was neither. i tuned out 4th quarter.
i really don't enjoy watching any team get hammered.

Eric Dungey led us to a 4-4 record. Zach Mahoney has led us to a 1-9 record these past 2 years.

My point is, please take a chill pill on the H0T Takes of this team, Dino etc. We need our starting quarterback in there. Dino harped on building depth and the underbelly of this team. Well next year we will have Devito AND dungey. Next year is the year dino built this team for. The takes that are occurring now remind me of when Shafer was heading this program. We had no quarterback. T HUNT got hurt. We showed flashes with dungey until he got hurt and then we had Mahoney/AJ Long/Mitch Kimble running the show. And we were right back to rock bottom. We are okay, still progressing and WE. WILL. WIN!
Any team goes as far as their defense will take them, period.

If the defense gives up 10 pts, the offense only has to score 11 to win, no Heisman level player needed. When the defense gives up 56, well then you better start praying you have a Heisman QB and/or RB/WR in your offense or your chances of winning go way way down.

Dungey out the last 2 games isn't why we lost, lousy defense was.

Were you like this on the Western Michigan board when they gave up 68 to Buffalo?

Four TDs more than any other opponent.
yep. Totally loathe non-aggressive defenses.

Were you like this on the Western Michigan board when they gave up 68 to Buffalo?

Four TDs more than any other opponent.

You do know that was a 7 OT game, right? It was 31-31 in regulation.

I'm all in on Babers but that shouldn't stop us from accepting reality and telling it like it is.

Yesterday was a Gerg performance. They shouldn't have won the game, but it didn't have to be an embarrassment like it was. Louisville may have a great QB, but they're still just a 6-4 team.

Syracuse already quit before kickoff. That's a legitimate concern, imo.

it should have been 14-7 but as usual we had to kick a FG and then messed up every big 3rd down.. i dont think QUIT is the right term. otherwise OSU quit vs MSU after beating PSU,

In no way should UL scored more against us than they did against Murray State.

View attachment 115444 View attachment 115445

At first glance, abysmal.

The defense flat out stunk yesterday, just like they did last year against Louisville. I don't have words (that won't get me banned from here) on how poorly the entire unit played.

The secondary looked highschool level. No Cordy & no Martin is a killer against a guy like LJ. And unfortunately outside of Thomas, we lack any speed at LB. We had no chance. It was depressing to watch it unfold that way.

I feel awful for Ish, Erv, Zaire & Parris, that none of them will get to experience a bowl game. Solid to very good players that gave a lot over 4 years.

My point is, please take a chill pill on the H0T Takes of this team, Dino etc. We need our starting quarterback in there. Dino harped on building depth and the underbelly of this team. Well next year we will have Devito AND dungey. Next year is the year dino built this team for. The takes that are occurring now remind me of when Shafer was heading this program. We had no quarterback. T HUNT got hurt. We showed flashes with dungey until he got hurt and then we had Mahoney/AJ Long/Mitch Kimble running the show. And we were right back to rock bottom. We are okay, still progressing and WE. WILL. WIN!

Your point is well taken. However, the argument that Dungey is 100% related to our woes the last two weeks, well I'll diplomatically disagree. I realize that in Dungey's absence, our O is seemingly inept. And, over the course of a game with such an inept O, the D surely is bound to wear down, etc. But, we have given up very big plays early in games against FSU, Wake (21 points in 1Q) and yesterday against UL as they scored a TD on their 2nd play from scrimmage. So, long before our D has been on the field for extensive periods of time, tiring out, etc., we have been well behind the eight ball.

You do know that was a 7 OT game, right? It was 31-31 in regulation.
It was, but WMU's D was a bit suspect during OT. Although, it'd should have ended after 2 when Steven stripped a Buffalo RB of the ball and recovered it. The subsequent FG was shanked to the left.

Also, I think that if WMU had a "Dungey" (and Wassink/Goddard might be that in a few more years), there wouldn't have been an OT.

Your point is well taken. However, the argument that Dungey is 100% related to our woes the last two weeks, well I'll diplomatically disagree. I realize that in Dungey's absence, our O is seemingly inept.
I appreciate Dungey's guts and toughness as much as anyone. And I know he runs for quite a few yards each game. But he's also the 95th rated passer in the country. This isn't Baker Mayfield or Mason Rudolph we're talking about here. He shouldn't be so irreplaceable.