Please help me understand.. | Syracusefan.com

Please help me understand..

OburgOrange

Living Legend
Why did Syracuse allow Villanova to roll the ball to around mid court near the end of the game? Why not rush up on them and force them to touch the ball and let the clock start? Seems to me they could have run off maybe 20 seconds or so. May have made a difference. I've seen this a few times.

Why did Syracuse allow Villanova to roll the ball to around mid court near the end of the game? Why not rush up on them and force them to touch the ball and let the clock start? Seems to me they could have run off maybe 20 seconds or so. May have made a difference. I've seen this a few times.
Boeheim appeared to be gesticulating wildly to get them to move up each time, but they didn't.

Jb almost always has his team do that. Drives me bananas.

Funny thing is, Arcidiacono did it all game long. I thought he was nuts, but it bought his team enough time at the end to tie the game.

Because that makes too much sense.

Maybe trying to avoid a repeat of Eric Devendorf a few years back when he ran up, slipped, took the player out while fouling him in what I believe was a two point game at the time.

All you need to do is put one defender near the foul line, or otherwise no deeper than the guy to whom the ball is coming in. Behind that defender, then, it's 3 against 4. Any long pass is thus a 50-50 ball, and if we can't defend the basket in that situation, we've got much bigger problems. So they throw it to the guard and he dribbles it up the floor with the clock running, and the defender still beats him up the floor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom