Please let Beilein throw a 1-3-1 at us... | Syracusefan.com

Please let Beilein throw a 1-3-1 at us...

Jake

Mod
Over the years, there has been no defense that we have systematically shredded more than that one...especially his.

Hakim had a personal highlight reel against wvu alone.

With a 6-5 pg who can see over the top, I like our chances against that junk.

They will play man d against us. The 1-3-1 could be used as a change-up.

They will play man d against us. The 1-3-1 could be used as a change-up.
then Burke will get posted up early and often

No way he plays the same defense as he has in the past against us. If he does, he's an idiot.

Our guards have not shown much of a post-up game. Against IU they did great work going to rim but not posting up. It seemed to be part of the game plan to start the game against IU's smaller guards but it didn't work and seemeded to be abandoned in the second half.

I can't see them being able to guard us (although UM fans say it will be no problem). They aren't great defensively as it is, we have a height advantage at every spot except Triche (unless Burke is on him)

Our guards have not shown much of a post-up game. Against IU they did great work going to rim but not posting up. It seemed to be part of the game plan to start the game against IU's smaller guards but it didn't work and seemeded to be abandoned in the second half.

as they did vs. IU, they will feature it early and often and it will change Beilein's game plan.

The one thing I worry about is Beilein getting creative on offense. If I remember correctly he was never opposed to dusting a guy off from the bench if he was a good shooter. If Hardaway or Robinson are ineffective maybe he goes with Vogrich off the bench to add another shooter on the wing along with Stauskas. We really need to expose their defense early so that they are forced to think as much about playing D as playing O.

watched a decent amount of UM this year and don't recall them playing zone at all

Presume they would run him at the top of the 1-3-1 if they run it. Otherwise he'd be on the corner trying to defend CJ or Southerland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom