Poll: Bring back the real "Carrier Classic"? | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Bring back the real "Carrier Classic"?

Bring back the real "Carrier Classic"?

• Total voters

rstone7727

All Conference
Battle 4 Atlantis, Old Spice, etc. Couldn't we bring some cash to the athletic dept by bringing in eight teams every year, something like we had with the old Carrier Classic? We held this event from 1977-2001, not sure why it ended. I think one of the reasons it was dropped was due to the BE schedule being so daunting but as we enter the ACC we should think about bringing it back in some form.. Yey or Ney?

Battle 4 Atlantis, Old Spice, etc. Couldn't we bring some cash to the athletic dept by bringing in eight teams every year, something like we had with the old Carrier Classic? We held this event from 1977-2001, not sure why it ended. I think one of the reasons it was dropped was due to the BE schedule being so daunting but as we enter the ACC we should think about bringing it back in some form.. Yey or Ney?
With so many tourneys at neutral sites these days (many of them in vacation climates), it would be difficult (if not impossible) to get good teams to come to the Dome without a home and home.

With so many tourneys at neutral sites these days (many of them in vacation climates), it would be difficult (if not impossible) to get good teams to come to the Dome without a home and home.

I don't remember any good teams in the last few carrier classics - maybe that is your point

I would be ok with it being just NY schools. 'Cuse w/Albany, St Bonaventure, UB, Niagara, Colgate, Cornell, maybe a couple from the City or LI. 'The Battle for NY' Ok I know..."I'm a dreamer, and I am the only one." ;)

The NCAA only allows you to play in 1 tourney per year so if they brought back the classic they couldn't play in another tourney. I believe this is why they ended it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom