Poll: Expectations | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Expectations

Will You Be Happy When

• Total voters
I'm Happy. But I expect to beat TCU even though Jamie Dixon has always had our number.

I am powerless to expect anything other than winning the tournament. I'm thrilled that we were selected but once we're in the tournament, the object is to win. We've won so many miraculous games throughout my lifetime that I won't doubt us now. We're hobbled, missing three players, coached by an antique, play in the snowiest place in the country, and pummeled by the NCAA charlatans, but we have an equal chance to win the tournament as the other 67 teams that made it. I'm amazed that we won so many games without a bench, that our guys came together so well as a team, and that we get to believe for a while longer. JB is a gamer and so are the kids on the team. They aren't showing up to give it the good old college try...they want to win and so do I...

Season is a total success right now.
10 scholarship players to start with a transfer using one.
Thompson left down to 9.
Thorpe left down to 8
Washington hurt down to 7.

We made the tournament with a team that has 3 scoring threats.
No complaints if they lose Wednesday.

Yup. Season a great success. I wouldn’t be surprised if they win 2 or lose to ASU. Can’t see us getting by MSU if they are there. They are the physically most imposing team in the Tourney. They’ll kill our string beans.

So so flawed as a team this year but I think we have a few things to hold on to.

1. Battle tested. Few teams have played as many top 10 and top 25 teams as Cuse (MSU is 2-4 against top 25 as example) there are no bad teams in tourney.

2. Close games. Due to the nature of no bad teams in tourney, games are often close. We have played as many touch, grind it out, close games as anyone in the country. Experience in these games matters.

3. Defense. We are a borderline top 10 Defense. Defense travels. Defense is more consistent than offense. All it’s takes is the 1 out of 3 games that we shoot well to beat a great team, because we know the defense will be there regardless.

4. Coaching. Huge advantage. JB is something like 66.7% in tourney games for a reason.

heres my feeling

ill be disappointed if we lose to asu

ill be content if we beat asu and lose to tcu

ill be thrilled if we get to sunday no matter what happens. i just dont see this team making the s16 so not even considering that now.

I'm happy to be "In", and playing on Wed is "In", but to a lot of people Wed isn't "In". So for some reason, to piss them off, I picked beating ASU as my happy place.

I'm happy to be "In", and playing on Wed is "In", but to a lot of people Wed isn't "In". So for some reason, to piss them off, I picked beating ASU as my happy place.

Well, I happen to agree. They were all giddy at the play-in game, and rightfully so, since it beats sitting home. But if you don't win not just the play-in game, but your "opening" game in the Round of 64, it's like you were never in the tourney.

The press only talks about upsets on the first two days of games in the Round of 64. It's not until you get to the weekend games that there is any kind of analysis and publicity about the games.

The first round is just too many games for quality studio coverage, and if you lose in a day game before you even get home from work, well, it's like you weren't even in the tournament at all.

So very happy to be here.
Still. Let's shock the world like we always do.
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom