• Giveaway Saturdays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Family Day SUndays

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
The franchise is in trouble but new management is entertaining new ideas.
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/11/the_syracuse_chiefs_in_a_milli.html

The past few years the Fine Mess has informally met for a game. It has always been a lot of fun. There is something special to driving out to the stadium on a nice summer night and watch the sunset and take in a game. BTW, the video board is first rate and obne of the best in the Minors.

My suggestion is maybe we as local Syracuse fans on this board adopt a night to meet up. If there is interest I will get things rolling with the Chiefs. Surprisingly the parking lot before game does have tailgating.

So for those local Cuse fans and those who come home to CNY to visit in the summer please vote. Which night should we ask for? My plan would be to get the Chiefs to reserve 50 tickets for our use on the same night in June, July and August. All you have to do is request to get into that section when you buy your tickets.

Not sure why the Poll isn't working.

My vote is Thursday

Syracuse screwed the Chiefs over when they built the stadium where they did. I bet half the population of Syracuse couldn't tell you where the field is if you asked.

Such a beautiful stadium tucked away.

That should be downtown or at least nearer.

Let me know when you want to do a roadie at Pawtucket. I'll run the tailgate. ;)

Syracuse screwed the Chiefs over when they built the stadium where they did. I bet half the population of Syracuse couldn't tell you where the field is if you asked.

Mike Bragman and state gov't f'ed that whole thing up.

Mike Bragman and state gov't f'ed that whole thing up.

Actually north side businesses had a lot to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure! I'll being a couple Wachusetts for the parking lot. ;)

Excellent beer. My wife and I stumbled into their Oktoberfest on accident back when we lived in Boston. Great day.

It's the same place it has always been. If somebody doesn't know where the baseball stadium is, they probably didn't grow up here. Yes, it would have been a plus for downtown business to have moved it downtown on the other side of the train tracks behind Armory Square, but that ship has sailed. But as far as downtown businesses go, most of them never open up for SU noon games on Saturdays, and have never really embraced the whole pregame business opportunity.

Actually north side businesses had a lot to do with it.

What Northside businesses? LOL The only thing around there is Destiny and a few strip clubs.

It's the same place it has always been. If somebody doesn't know where the baseball stadium is, they probably didn't grow up here. Yes, it would have been a plus for downtown business to have moved it downtown on the other side of the train tracks behind Armory Square, but that ship has sailed. But as far as downtown businesses go, most of them never open up for SU noon games on Saturdays, and have never really embraced the whole pregame business opportunity.
Location Location Location

The Chiefs stadium's location blows.

Otherwise I agree.

What Northside businesses? LOL The only thing around there is Destiny and a few strip clubs.

Don't get out much?

Not sure why the Poll isn't working.

images

What, to your favorite strip clubs? Ha

You don't know what the north side is then. There are a number of businesses and restaurants that lobbied hard to keep it where it is. None are strip clubs. I wish it had been out downtown but it's a fact north side businesses worked hard to not move it.

Ok since this is my poll I declare Dollar Night Thursdays as the winner 2-0. Not sure how any votes were tabulated as I didn't have an option to vote.

I'll call the Chiefs and see if they are agreeable to block off a small section of seats in the 300s. BTW, General Admission is $5 in 2014. I'll tell them to start May 23rd.

Anyone think we should start a baseball board or rename the "Pro Sports Board" here at syracusefan.com?

2014_Season_Ticket_plans_chart_only_fbb1x7cv.jpg

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20130821&content_id=57755836&sid=t552&vkey=schedule

Ok since this is my poll I declare Dollar Night Thursdays as the winner 2-0. Not sure how any votes were tabulated as I didn't have an option to vote.

I'll call the Chiefs and see if they are agreeable to block off a small section of seats in the 300s. BTW, General Admission is $5 in 2014. I'll tell them to start May 23rd.

Anyone think we should start a baseball board or rename the "Pro Sports Board" here at syracusefan.com?

2014_Season_Ticket_plans_chart_only_fbb1x7cv.jpg

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20130821&content_id=57755836&sid=t552&vkey=schedule
Do you mean rename the Other Sports board to be the Pro Sports board? I think it should remain Other Sports, or else YOU get to tell CuseTroop he has to find another home for his College Hoops Sim League. ;)

You don't know what the north side is then. There are a number of businesses and restaurants that lobbied hard to keep it where it is. None are strip clubs. I wish it had been out downtown but it's a fact north side businesses worked hard to not move it.

Well, if you're talking about the strip of restaurants on North Salina, it's about halfway between the current location and where a downtown stadium would be, but frankly a stadium in the Inner Harbor would have been better for them. Or I suppose you could talk about 7th North St, but then you're getting out into Liverpool. None of those places are within walking distance of the current stadium, like the downtown restaurants and bars would be to a stadium on the other side of Armory Square. But as we both have said, that ship sailed.