• Fireworks Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giveaway Saturdays

• Family Day SUndays

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, if you're talking about the strip of restaurants on North Salina, it's about halfway between the current location and where a downtown stadium would be, but frankly a stadium in the Inner Harbor would have been better for them. Or I suppose you could talk about 7th North St, but then you're getting out into Liverpool. None of those places are within walking distance of the current stadium, like the downtown restaurants and bars would be to a stadium on the other side of Armory Square. But as we both have said, that ship sailed.

We agree it should have been someplace else. And yes, none are within walking distance. But several banned together and presented a voice to the politicians and decision makers. Their voices were heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Syracuse screwed the Chiefs over when they built the stadium where they did. I bet half the population of Syracuse couldn't tell you where the field is if you asked.

Such a beautiful stadium tucked away.

That should be downtown or at least nearer.
That's where the Chiefs wanted it, as I recall.

You have no idea. You'd be amazed.

I have lived in syracuse for 37 years. If the stadium was downtown, and we do not put competitive programs on the field like they do, the attencance would be no different. For an example please refer to SU FOOTBALL. If we won alot with the chiefs more people would go. it is syracuse, like it or not.

I have lived in syracuse for 37 years. If the stadium was downtown, and we do not put competitive programs on the field like they do, the attencance would be no different. For an example please refer to SU FOOTBALL. If we won alot with the chiefs more people would go. it is syracuse, like it or not.

I'd like to think baseball's a little different. Wins and losses don't matter - you're just there to enjoy the game and atmosphere and summer weather. That goes doubly for minor league ball, where we really don't care about the standings.

It's clear where the cultural and entertainment center of the region is. I doubt attendance would ever be great (not like Indianapolis or Memphis), but a Trolley Lot or Midtown stadium would probably draw double what they draw up there in a swamp. It'd be a natural post-work destination for the tens of thousands of people who work in the neighborhood and a popular event for young professionals (who flock to downtown events but don't seem inclined to drive cars to a lot off in the fringe of the city).

Missed opportunity by shortsighted and provincial local politicians. They have long made a habit of ignoring national trends.

The franchise is in trouble but new management is entertaining new ideas.
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/11/the_syracuse_chiefs_in_a_milli.html

The past few years the Fine Mess has informally met for a game. It has always been a lot of fun. There is something special to driving out to the stadium on a nice summer night and watch the sunset and take in a game. BTW, the video board is first rate and obne of the best in the Minors.

My suggestion is maybe we as local Syracuse fans on this board adopt a night to meet up. If there is interest I will get things rolling with the Chiefs. Surprisingly the parking lot before game does have tailgating.

So for those local Cuse fans and those who come home to CNY to visit in the summer please vote. Which night should we ask for? My plan would be to get the Chiefs to reserve 50 tickets for our use on the same night in June, July and August. All you have to do is request to get into that section when you buy your tickets.
I am in. Will never forgive the Simones and Bragman for overriding public opinion and common sense to put that stadium back in the same awful place it was always in. Everyone in the country is moving their baseball stadia downtown except us. What a wasted opportunity.

Let's get the Mets as the parent club and begin the second Golden Age of minor league baseball in Syracuse.

I just want to point out...that if the stadium was downtown, still no one would go.

What makes you say that? It seems like hitting up a game and then going out to dinner in Armory Square either before or afterwards would be a great way to spend a summer evening.

What makes you say that? It seems like hitting up a game and then going out to dinner in Armory Square either before or afterwards would be a great way to spend a summer evening.

We need to get the train back...and fix the bridge so it can end at the stadium.

I meet a group there a couple times a year. We tailgate for a couple of hours in the parking lot... low key just a grill, some beers, and a few yard games and then head in... It is always a great time...

I meet a group there a couple times a year. We tailgate for a couple of hours in the parking lot... low key just a grill, some beers, and a few yard games and then head in... It is always a great time...
Yeah I thought about that too...last year when I went I talked to few hardcore tailgaters grilling on the 1st base side of the parking lot. With dollar night Thursday...you could continue the tailgate inside. Not sure what they will sell you for a dollar though.

ube7e4am.jpg

Stadium look familiar? It should it's out stadium's carbon copy that was built in Norfolk a few years before ours. Anybody that says location doesn't matter is full of crap.

Is it easier to draw with a winning team? Sure. But it's easier to draw with restaurants, bars, nightlife, and your work very close by. Throw in some promotions they're doing this upcoming year and the place would be jammed.

When I lived in South Florida I couldn't tell you how crowded the Single A Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals drew to their stadium because of the location and and the inviting surroundings the place had. The location now is not inviting and always seems dark and dreary every single time I see it no matter the weather. I'm sorry, but the place is a dump, I'd say the same thing about a beautiful mansion sitting on South Salina St.

ube7e4am.jpg

Stadium look familiar? It should it's out stadium's carbon copy that was built in Norfolk a few years before ours. Anybody that says location doesn't matter is full of crap.

Is it easier to draw with a winning team? Sure. But it's easier to draw with restaurants, bars, nightlife, and your work very close by. Throw in some promotions they're doing this upcoming year and the place would be jammed.

When I lived in South Florida I couldn't tell you how crowded the Single A Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals drew to their stadium because of the location and and the inviting surroundings the place had. The location now is not inviting and always seems dark and dreary every single time I see it no matter the weather. I'm sorry, but the place is a dump, I'd say the same thing about a beautiful mansion sitting on South Salina St.

The picture of Norfolks stadium is supposed to be showing up on my post but it's not. Google harbor park and you'll see what I mean.

Mark - if there is going to be a good turnout, perhaps it's worth looking into the Hank Sauer room on the first base side.

Admission would include seats, food, and a cash bar with cheaper prices than the regular stands I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom