Polls (3/14/22): Media NR / Coaches NR | Syracusefan.com

Polls (3/14/22): Media NR / Coaches NR

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
622f3a5bcd819.jpg

It’s officially No. 1 vs. No. 2 this coming weekend at Audi Field.

Maryland remains in the top spot in the Men’s DI Media Poll — barely eking out more votes than No. 2 Virginia. They meet Saturday at 3 p.m.

The Ivy League continues to soar.

Princeton (4-1) comes in at No. 3. The Tigers have knocked off top-five teams in back-to-back weeks: First it was Georgetown, and this Friday it was Rutgers.

They sit just ahead of Cornell; the Big Red beat Penn State by a goal indoors Saturday. Georgetown is No. 5.

Yale (11, from 14), Brown (15, from 19) and Harvard (17, previously unranked) all rose, and Dartmouth is receiving votes in the poll.

Other movers this week include:

— Boston U is undefeated and up to No. 13 in the country after winning a Patriot League battle with Bucknell

— Duke dropped to No. 14. They lost to Loyola, which is back in the Top 20 this week.

— Notre Dame is 1-3 with losses against Georgetown, Maryland and Ohio State. They sit at No. 16

— Syracuse is out of the Top 20; Johns Hopkins sits at no. 18.

Full Men's DI Media Poll

1. Maryland (14)
2. Virginia (10)
3. Princeton
4. Cornell
5. Georgetown

I have absolutely no idea why so many people are still voting Jacksonville in the 10-15th range. They lost to freaking UTAH.

Heck, they lost to Hopkins!!

The Duke and Denver wins are looking like nothing special. I think they'll likely be underdogs to both High Point and Richmond in conference play.

No doubt in my mind that Cuse team is a top twenty team but results matter. They should be 4-2, they are not so they are not. nm

No doubt in my mind that Cuse team is a top twenty team but results matter. They should be 4-2, they are not so they are not. nm

All we need to do is win 5 more ACC games, and beat Cornell, Stony Brook and Scooby.

I enjoy the notes section of Quints Top 20 and this week this one stood out to me the most:

-Face-offs are being officiated differently in nearly every game I watch. This continues to be a massive hinderance to the sport.

I will say even just sitting on my couch every week watching I certainly feel this way.

I enjoy the notes section of Quints Top 20 and this week this one stood out to me the most:

-Face-offs are being officiated differently in nearly every game I watch. This continues to be a massive hinderance to the sport.

I will say even just sitting on my couch every week watching I certainly feel this way.
what do you see that's different?

what do you see that's different?

It just seems different from game to game and I guess I realize that will happen to a certain extent but a lot of the times it's not obvious to me what the violation was if you don't clearly see the jump. Additionally the annoucers for the most part seem to have no idea and don't explain it. With as much lacrosse as Quint watches though, if he has that opinion than I feel like I'm not totally crazy about it.

It just seems different from game to game and I guess I realize that will happen to a certain extent but a lot of the times it's not obvious to me what the violation was if you don't clearly see the jump. Additionally the annoucers for the most part seem to have no idea and don't explain it. With as much lacrosse as Quint watches though, if he has that opinion than I feel like I'm not totally crazy about it.
that's why i asked. if any viewer doesn't know what's actually being called, then there's no way to know whether the refs are inconsistent.

after a faceoff violation vs hop, people were wondering what the problem was. on tape review it looked obvious the likelihood was phaup's stick neck and glove were up by the ball. they're not readjusting these guys anymore. that's the new mechanic. they have to go down the way they're supposed to or it's going the other way.

its kinda like hockey faceoffs.. first guy gets tossed but 2nd can jump all day with no call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom