Polls (3/22/21): Media #4 / Coaches #4 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (3/22/21): Media #4 / Coaches #4

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1616419982052.png

Three teams are still fixtures atop the Inside Lacrosse Media Poll, with North Carolina and Duke neck and neck for No. 1 — and Maryland right there with them.

Syracuse and Rutgers make up the rest of the top five, while Georgetown fell to No. 11 after its loss to Denver midweek.

Notre Dame has been climbing, and this week will start to show the true nature of the Irish as they enter ACC play. Denver bumped up three spots after the Georgetown win.

Big Ten teams outside of Maryland and Rutgers continue to struggle, so Penn State fell out of the Top 20, while Ohio State and Johns Hopkins bumped further back.

Delaware (No. 14 from 18) and Vermont (No. 15 from 19) are two teams that keep climbing each week.

1. North Carolina (8)
2. Duke (6)
3. Maryland (5)
4. Syracuse (1)
5. Rutgers

i see DENVER sitting at 7th. amazing no other west coast schools have been able to step it up. lotta talent out there. think about our best player THE DORD.

i see DENVER sitting at 7th. amazing no other west coast schools have been able to step it up. lotta talent out there. think about our best player THE DORD.
There's Denver.
There's Utah (which just started MLAX last year).
And there's the Air Force Academy.

That's the list.

well denver $talked$ ivy princeton's tierney to come out there and create a culture to be competitive. just with the growing popularity of the sport seems odd all the action is still in the EAST. i realize texas is football but you would think the granola bar crowd in oregon would love them some LAX.

well denver $talked$ ivy princeton's tierney to come out there and create a culture to be competitive. just with the growing popularity of the sport seems odd all the action is still in the EAST. i realize texas is football but you would think the granola bar crowd in oregon would love them some LAX.
They all have Women's teams. Just no Men's teams yet.

Question: was there a huge turnover of personnel from last year, when SU ended #1. Seems to a casual fan we started pretty far down the polls, considering where we ended last year.

Question: was there a huge turnover of personnel from last year, when SU ended #1. Seems to a casual fan we started pretty far down the polls, considering where we ended last year.
Free agency happened

Started #4, behind Duke, UNC, UVA. It's not that we lost people, it's just that everyone else ahead of us brought in better transfers (on paper).

Dropped to #9 after the Army loss.

Back up to #4 now, behind UNC, Duke, MD.

They all have Women's teams. Just no Men's teams yet.
Title IX. For example, UVa players - 4 from California (both northern and southern CA), 2 from Texas, 2 from Georgia (how 'bout them apples Ga Tech?), 1 from Minnesota.

It has to be mentioned. The MCLA has to own up to a major share of killing the chances of the expansion of varsities. It gives P5 schools a team at no cost to the Athletic Department, both in terms of money and Title IX slots. Kyle Kology (#16) was going to go to Berkeley to play for their club and then changed his mind and decided to walk on at UVa. The MCLA also has a rule forbidding membership by clubs located at schools with varsities. Those clubs have to join the NCLL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom