Polls (4/12/21): Media #9 / Coaches #9 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (4/12/21): Media #9 / Coaches #9

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1618232424446.png

Maryland is undefeated and now No. 1 in the country.

The Terps lead the Men’s Division I Media Poll in Week 9 after their best start since 2004. Maryland earned 19 of 21 first-place votes and is one of three undefeated teams — the others being 6-0 Lehigh and a Marist team that’s been on pause since its first game of the season.

Maryland handled Michigan this weekend and has appeared to be head and shoulders above the competition in the Big Ten.

Meanwhile in the ACC, the teams are beating each other up.

Notre Dame emerged on top this weekend and is No. 2, followed by a rising Virginia, Duke and North Carolina. Syracuse is the lone ACC team not in the Top 5, and the Orange remain at No. 9.

1. Maryland (19)
2. Notre Dame (2)
3. Virginia
4. Duke
5. North Carolina

9. Syracuse

I know these are weekly polls and are subjective but it is frustrating to see Maryland at #1, Denver at #6 and Lehigh at #7, none of which has beaten a team in the top 5. This is a different year and all that but I'm concerned that the polls will unfairly benefit the non-ACC teams for playoff rankings. Maryland will likely not lose a game - and possibly Lehigh though less likely given Patriot tournament. Does anyone seriously think they would go undefeated in the ACC? :cool:

Also, don't think I would put Virginia ahead of Duke - makes no sense. I guess that will be dealt with this Thursday night one way or the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom