Polls are out | Syracusefan.com

Polls are out

Seems about what I expected. Not much separating 2-5.

SDSU climbing the rankings is a nice perk.

Kinda sad to think we are 1 Temple game & a few free throws (or one bad moving pick call) away from #1 and the only undefeated team in the country.

Would have been #1 vs. #2 this week.

Kinda sad to think we are 1 Temple game & a few free throws (or one bad moving pick call) away from #1 and the only undefeated team in the country.

That would have been pretty sweet.

we'll probably fall out of the top 10 if we lose on saturday.

we'll probably fall out of the top 10 if we lose on saturday.

How do you figure? We're playing the #1 team in the country on the road. We are expected to lose, as we will be underdogs. Why would they penalize that much for losing? I would say we would stay in the same general area where we are, possibly drop a spot or two, but you think they will drop at least 5 spots????? No.

How do you figure? We're playing the #1 team in the country on the road. We are expected to lose. Why would they penalize that much us for losing? I would say stay where we are or possibly a notch or two, but you think they will drop at least 5 spots?????? No.

arizona, gonzaga and florida would jump us, maybe creighton. 10 at best. assuming those teams win. plus the voters will take the southerland situation into consideration.

How do you figure? We're playing the #1 team in the country on the road. We are expected to lose. Why would they penalize that much us for losing? I would say stay where we are or possibly a notch or two, but you think they will drop at least 5 spots?????? No.
Most pollsters don't look that deep. If you win, you can move up, if you lose, you drop.

In reality, we should be able to lose this game and not change in the rankings at all, after all, the #6 team should always be expected to lose at the #1 team. But in reality, it's a modified ladder, not a real ranking. And thankfully in bball, it doesn't really matter much at all.

if we get blown off the court, which is a possibility if we play against Louisville the same way we have since the MCW mall incident, I could see us dropping to 11-15 in the polls

Even if we were undefeated going into this weeks poll, the team has not played as a deserving #1. I still think (as much as I hate to say it) Duke should still be #1. They have played a much better schedule the 'ville.

Even if we were undefeated going into this weeks poll, the team has not played as a deserving #1. I still think (as much as I hate to say it) Duke should still be #1. They have played a much better schedule the 'ville.

Duke is 0-1 in true road games.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I just want us to have a good showing on Saturday. Louisville is a solid team. We would have had a tough time with Southerland. If we let them beat us on the boards, we're toast. The over/under on how many times Dieng swats us is 8, five on DC2 alone.

To beat Louisville, we have to shoot better than 40% from the field and from three, 70% from the FT line, and we need to at least be even on the boards. If we shoot like crap, it's gonna be a long day.

UCLA is the top 25? Now that is funny.
Not really- they've been playing very well.
The Wear twins actually look effective, Shabazz Muhammad's mid-range game is virtually unstoppable, and "Slow-Mo" Kyle Anderson, who has the quirkiest playing style I've seen in years, is an all-around threat. Also, dumping Josh Smith midseason was addition by subtraction, IMO.
The West isn't all that strong, but outside of UA and SDSU, I'd say UCLA is the next best team. They'll be a tough out come March.

Wow, those power rankings are a shock...Really didn't think I was going to see that. Lowest ranking is 12?

I'm a little disappointed we didn't get at least one number 1 vote, but I suspect the impact of the Southerland situation made that a certainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom