Positional wish list | Syracusefan.com

Positional wish list

kcsu

Living Legend
Based a review of our roster after this season and based on 23 total ships available/12 left here are some thoughts.
QB: 1
RB: O
TE: 1
OL: 2
Wr: 2
LB: 2
DL: 3
DE: 1
CB: 0
Ss: 0
Fs: 0

Based a review of our roster after this season and based on 23 total ships available/12 left here are some thoughts.
QB: 1
TE: 1
Wr: 2
LB: 2
DL: 3
DE: 1
CB: 0
I care less about the numbers and care more about the talent of those numbers.

Seems to be same story every year

Scrambling to get beef as class develops

Numbers below account for who we have on the roster, and the commits already landed [so, for example, I am not suggesting that I want ZERO defensive ends, just that since we've already landed 2 commits at that position, that I don't think we need to add any others given other areas of positional need].

QB: 1 [I think that David Summers is being significantly overlooked by a portion of the fanbase]
TE: 2
WR: 2
LB: 1
DT: 3
DE: 0
CB: 1

Numbers below account for who we have on the roster, and the commits already landed [so, for example, I am not suggesting that I want ZERO defensive ends, just that since we've already landed 2 commits at that position, that I don't think we need to add any others given other areas of positional need].

QB: 1 [I think that David Summers is being significantly overlooked by a portion of the fanbase]
The only one I disagree with really is 2 TE. With Benson just coming in and Hackett being a junior (correct me if I’m wrong) I think 1 would be fine considering we have Elmore as a blocker this year. It doesn’t seem like Dino uses tight ends as much as the WR.

The only one I disagree with really is 2 TE. With Benson just coming in and Hackett being a junior (correct me if I’m wrong) I think 1 would be fine considering we have Elmore as a blocker this year. It doesn’t seem like Dino uses tight ends as much as the WR.

Fair, but here's where I disagree: there has been a noticeable uptick in both talent and depth at most positional units, but TE is not one of them. Hackett is a junior, and while I'm excited about the year I expect him to have, he's somewhat of an unproven commodity. Benson has outstanding speed, but let's see what happens once he steps foot on campus before penciling him in.

Babers hasn't used the TE position because we haven't had a player there who creates a mismatch -- I think that's the reason far more than him not using TEs.

If the talent is there, this coaching staff will find a way to exploit it.

I always think that more than one QB should be taken each cycle but that doesn't mean scholarship only. The staff has shown they can find talent/depth in PWOs.

My wish list -

2 more interior OL
2 DTs
1 LB
2 WRs
2 QBs (or 1 really good one - O Canada)

That still leaves about 3 or 4 open spots, but these are the positions I'd like to see filled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom