Positive media reaction to Ville/ACC | Syracusefan.com

Positive media reaction to Ville/ACC

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Mike and Mike just reported Ville to ACC. Called Ville a clear upgrade to Maryland.

Paraphrasing: "L'ville a major football program that really improves on a struggling Maryland football team and Louisville basketball, that basketball conference is just off the charts now."

Reading through certain sites and twitter reactions, it seems all the ACC has to do is not f this up and it will be recieved very well.

Well played, ACC, well played.

What are the other ACC school boards saying?

No doubt there is some negative banter on there, much like there was here when the BE was forced to invite "outsiders". However, I think many would agree that this was about survival and circling the wagons. By taking Louisville, the ACC now has two schools in the heart of BiG country, AND took one of the most coveted chess pieces off the table where Big 12 expansion is concerned. They will almost certainly not expand now, if they ever had any behind-closed-doors intentions to anyway. Texas wanted 10 schools, now they have it. And now they are clearly the vulnerable conference going forward.

Take that SVP, you homer!

SVP is too busy tweeting about how impressive it was that Maryland beat a Northwestern team who hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since GW was President (that's GW, not GWB). Yeah, I get that NW usually plays tough at home, yawn.

SVP is too busy tweeting about how impressive it was that Maryland beat a Northwestern team who hasn't been to the NCAA tourney since GW was President (that's GW, not GWB). Yeah, I get that NW usually plays tough at home, yawn.

Yeah, and in a 100 years from now that will apply to the Terps. No NCAA appearance since Obama was president...:p