Positive News | Syracusefan.com

Positive News

money3189

Living Legend
yesterday during the spring game, a reliable source told me SU will be getting two bigger scoreboards and installing them in the corners of the dome. Also will be putting in a electronic advertising ribbon around the interior of the dome. (looks like this below). They said it will be done before this season.
pudding600.jpg

I was told similar during bball season, the only difference was that only one HD tv would be installed before this season with the other one next year.

Yep, Money, you're dead on. Ribbon boards and new big screens will provide all the advertising now. Definitely bringing the Dome into this century, which is good. Next thing that needs to be updated is the concourses and concession stands.

yesterday during the spring game, a reliable source told me SU will be getting two bigger scoreboards and installing them in the corners of the dome. Also will be putting in a electronic advertising ribbon around the interior of the dome. (looks like this below). They said it will be done before this season.
pudding600.jpg
That would be great news if it means that advertising announcements will be reduced.

ok. Wasnt sure if you guys knew. I wanted to provide some positive news since most of you seem so dissapointed and hopeless after yesterdays game

That would be great news if it means that advertising announcements will be reduced.
All of that advertising on the side of the scoreboard is supposedly going to be gone and digitally displayed on the ribbons. Not sure if it will cut down on announcements, but it should.

All of that advertising on the side of the scoreboard is supposedly going to be gone and digitally displayed on the ribbons. Not sure if it will cut down on announcements, but it should.

My guess is this will just supplement the announcements and help them make more money. There's no way they'll give up the money from the spots that are read as overall ad dollars would go down.

ok. Wasnt sure if you guys knew. I wanted to provide some positive news since most of you seem so dissapointed and hopeless after yesterdays game

thanks money...i for one did not know.

My guess is this will just supplement the announcements and help them make more money. There's no way they'll give up the money from the spots that are read as overall ad dollars would go down.
The ribbon boards' visibility is worth more than announcements.

This should also add more advertising and in turn generate more revenue.

The ribbon boards' visibility is worth more than announcements.

In the past, the read/recorded spots have commanded the highest dollars for in-game advertisements, no? I guess it's hard to break down because everything is part of a package...the bottom line is it'll help increase advertising, but there's no way they're going to cut down on recorded spots just because they have ribbon boards.

If SU knows what they are doing...those ribbon boards will do most of the talking. We need to bring the band back into the game.

Could we even see relevant scores: ACC/Big East/Top 25/future-past seasons OOC opponents scores over rando Div 1AA/2/3 NE college scores. Plus is it too hard to get a Newhouse kid to sit there and put in scores and keep the board updated within 5-10 mins real time? Occasionally consider showing a highlight of a big outside game or a live cut in during a break in action. I would do this sparingly...maybe one or two times a game day. Keep the WX update in the 4th Q. Maybe SU could video tape pregame the best tailgates from around campus and show clips...maybe give out an award each game?

Anyone know how much bigger the video boards are going to be? I'm assuming LED technology? I wonder if they'll have to remove 50 or so seats?

If SU knows what they are doing...those ribbon boards will do most of the talking. We need to bring the band back into the game.

Could we even see relevant scores: ACC/Big East/Top 25/future-past seasons OOC opponents scores over rando Div 1AA/2/3 NE college scores. Plus is it too hard to get a Newhouse kid to sit there and put in scores and keep the board updated within 5-10 mins real time? Occasionally consider showing a highlight of a big outside game or a live cut in during a break in action. I would do this sparingly...maybe one or two times a game day. Keep the WX update in the 4th Q. Maybe SU could video tape pregame the best tailgates from around campus and show clips...maybe give out an award each game?

Anyone know how much bigger the video boards are going to be? I'm assuming LED technology? I wonder if they'll have to remove 50 or so seats?
Heard they aren't going to be much bigger than the space is now. Add the static ads on the sides and that should be about the size of them. A higher definition will definitely make them look better though.

The students that work in the booths during the games are generally paid...though it doesn't cost much for the four hours or so for each game and it could be automated to put relevant scores on the Boards as well.

I think you have to put relevant game/score information on the ribbons during games.
If they were solely used for advertising then the fans would tune them out.

Haven't we had those for awhile and just not installed them yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Haven't we had those for awhile and just not installed them yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes...but the 1000' extension cord was on back order.

That's my (cynical) guess. They won't be turning down advertising revenue in order to make for a better atmosphere, much as we'd like to stop the commercial barrage.

That's my (cynical) guess. They won't be turning down advertising revenue in order to make for a better atmosphere, much as we'd like to stop the commercial barrage.

the constant barrage doesn't bother me so much - i recognize they need to do it to make money - i just hate the timing at times...nothing kills a loud dome after a big run by the basketball team like a voice over...i just wish they'd audible more and skip the predetermined ad routines at times. they can cut out cotton eyed joe...

pudding600.jpg
Seems like they are finding money for very quickly for this glitzy stuff. Progress indeed,even if its slow.:p

the constant barrage doesn't bother me so much - i recognize they need to do it to make money - i just hate the timing at times...nothing kills a loud dome after a big run by the basketball team like a voice over...i just wish they'd audible more and skip the predetermined ad routines at times. they can cut out cotton eyed joe...

They already cut out cotton eyed joe. Some booster complained saying that the song was racist or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now if they can only get the cheerleaders to stop doing that stupid ass canned Lets...Go...S...U cheer during hoops games we will be all set. Seriously the 9 people who actually chant that is flat out embarrassing.

They already cut out cotton eyed joe. Some booster complained saying that the song was racist or something.

Was that a recent decision? OrangeXtreme explained to me what the "Cotton Eyed Joe" is at the last home football game. And that was only five months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was it racist against? Banjo-picking, bluegrass kickin' Hillbillies?