Votes: 3 33.3%
  • JB abandoning Butler style, early, and breaking out the UNLV Amoeba defense

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Tyler Ennis pressing matters on offense and not just looking for CJ isos

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

swish7

All Conference
If you were to bottle up every crazy shot Grant has ever attempted and made, that my friends would be the Ga Tech offense last night. Sure, they were deliberate. And sure, their offensive sets owned us. However, most of the shots they took were karazy.

That said, I saw some positives last night. Here is what I saw. How would you rank them?

If you were to bottle up every crazy shot Grant has ever attempted and made, that my friends would be the Ga Tech offense last night. Sure, they were deliberate. And sure, their offensive sets owned us. However, most of the shots they took were karazy.

That said, I saw some positives last night. Here is what I saw. How would you rank them?

I was more stunned at the shots they were making than I was at the shots we were missing. Some of them were like What...

1. Fair.
It was good to see him score (especially because it was Senior Night) and he was helped by the fact that we got into some transition situations and he was able to step into his shots.

2. The rest.
Roberson has good fundamentals, but we knew that. I expected more of him, especially after he opened the game with a block and made a couple plays at the other end, but it's moot - we know how much Boeheim wants to use him.
Boeheim went with the trunk monkey. I hate our pace this season, but I don't get the sense he's abandoning it. Too bad.
We needed every one of Ennis's points last night (and all those free throws and close-in shots he missed, too). But that's not sustainable. He's not at the point where he can make a lot of those shots right now. Next year, maybe. The fadeaway floater is a miss 100% of the time. 18 points on 17 shots is good enough to keep us in the game but inefficient enough to lose it.

I was more stunned at the shots they were making than I was at the shots we were missing. Some of them were like What...
A crazy number of sky hooks

Roberson has good fundamentals, but we knew that. I expected more of him, especially after he opened the game with a block and made a couple plays at the other end, but it's moot - we know how much Boeheim wants to use him.
Boeheim went with the trunk monkey. I hate our pace this season, but I don't get the sense he's abandoning it. Too bad.
We needed every one of Ennis's points last night (and all those free throws and close-in shots he missed, too). But that's not sustainable. He's not at the point where he can make a lot of those shots right now. Next year, maybe. The fadeaway floater is a miss 100% of the time. 18 points on 17 shots is good enough to keep us in the game but inefficient enough to lose it.

I had pretty much had enough of the Fair isos this season. Last night they seemed to come within the flow of the game. Tyler and Fair were looking for whatever open shot was there. They were pressing matters at the very edge of forced and unforced.

I am not sure what more people could expect of Roberson. You cannot expect him to replace Grant and be Grant. You cannot expect him to be loose when he's coached to play tight. What role JB defined for him last night, we'll never know. It looked to me that he filled a role. He made only one grave mistake. That's a silly peach basket era call, IMO. He touched the line and retreated before passing. Who the frick cares? In the NFL D lineman can cross the line, but still correct themselves before the whistle will be called. I know basketball, and I know big men. He looks like a big man that we can very much work with. Not you, but I think some people are tripping over themselves to not express the "unacceptable" opinion about Roberson. It's OK if JB miscalculated with his treatment of Roberson, and going "all in" with Grant.. Happens.

Good points about Ennis. I had not thought of it that way.

I had pretty much had enough of the Fair isos this season. Last night they seemed to come within the flow of the game. Tyler and Fair were looking for whatever open shot was there. They were pressing matters at the very edge of forced and unforced.

I am not sure what more people could expect of Roberson. You cannot expect him to replace Grant and be Grant. You cannot expect him to be loose when he's coached to play tight. What role JB defined for him last night, we'll never know. It looked to me that he filled a role. He made only one grave mistake. That's a silly peach basket era call, IMO. He touched the line and retreated before passing. ...

Am I nuts or did Ennis do the same thing a possession or two later?

That's like the three-second call - the rule is violated 90% of the time. Either enforce it routinely or ignore it. But that was bush.

Jump hook? A legit big man move, what next a drop step. The Mieken drill?

Kill for the days of AO and or Rickey...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom