Possible for class action lawsuit against NCAA? | Syracusefan.com

Possible for class action lawsuit against NCAA?

Caboose

Scout Team
I'm curious. The Syracuse U basketball program and Jim Boeheim got destroyed by NCAA sanctions a few years ago. Fine whatever. I'm not a lawyer, however, the biased treatment in favor of UNC shows an unequal playing field is being fostered by the NCAA and rules/sanctions are not being equally administered. We all know they swept UNC's infractions under the rug, but they didn't treat us this way, right? Why not?

We as fans suffer from this. The 109 vacated wins... how many of us spent money at these games which the NCAA ultimately deemed pointless and illegitimate? I just wonder if we have any recourse as fans. I feel like this is a valid question. If you don't feel the same there's no need to blast me for this post. I'm just curious.

I'm curious. The Syracuse U basketball program and Jim Boeheim got destroyed by NCAA sanctions a few years ago. Fine whatever. I'm not a lawyer, however, the biased treatment in favor of UNC shows an unequal playing field is being fostered by the NCAA and rules/sanctions are not being equally administered. We all know they swept UNC's infractions under the rug, but they didn't treat us this way, right? Why not?

We as fans suffer from this. The 109 vacated wins... how many of us spent money at these games which the NCAA ultimately deemed pointless and illegitimate? I just wonder if we have any recourse as fans. I feel like this is a valid question. If you don't feel the same there's no need to blast me for this post. I'm just curious.
If SU had lost those games on the scoreboard, you would have no recourse. You have no legal damages due to vacating of wins.

I'll bring all my shoes and my glasses with me… so I have them
Lol. I think the best jerky boys call was the one with the trucking company or something and in the background someone's backing up a truck and the guy is screaming at him to WATCH OUT! and he calls him a sonofabitch! Had me in tears.

If SU had lost those games on the scoreboard, you would have no recourse. You have no legal damages due to vacating of wins.
I get that but the game itself, by vacating the win, was in essence not a an actual game by definition because the NCAA deemed the participants ineligible. That means we essentially attended a scrimmage. I think a lawsuit of this nature wouldn't boil down to that anyway. What it actually boils down to is the NCAA running a racketeering scam. It's a dishonest system designed to benefit some more than others according to their best interests and not the interests of all the participants.

One of my favorites from the Touch Tone Terrorists. These guys had a phone number similar to the local UPS place and would mess with people trying to call them.

I get that but the game itself, by vacating the win, was in essence not a an actual game by definition because the NCAA deemed the participants ineligible. That means we essentially attended a scrimmage. I think a lawsuit of this nature wouldn't boil down to that anyway. What it actually boils down to is the NCAA running a racketeering scam. It's a dishonest system designed to benefit some more than others according to their best interests and not the interests of all the participants.

I would love the NCAA to get it handed to them but IMO this would unfortunately never fly. But then again, I'm not a lawyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom