Post of the night: UConn edition | Syracusefan.com

Post of the night: UConn edition

They are a strange bunch. When Syracuse announced its departure, UConn fans told us we would become the next Boston College. Now, it seems like reality is starting to set in and they are hoping for an ACC invite. I guess they too want to become the next Boston College. :noidea:

They are a strange bunch. When Syracuse announced its departure, UConn fans told us we would become the next Boston College. Now, it seems like reality is starting to set in and they are hoping for an ACC invite. I guess they too want to become the next Boston College. :noidea:

Well, the most obvious difference between us and Boston College is that we actually have won the Big East in football and basketball a number of times. They were legends in their own minds (although, in fairness, I think they did win the conference in hoops once...).

Forget BC, they should be worried that they are on their way to becoming Cape Cod Community College...

They are fine. They still have Gtown, Louisville, Marquette and Nova to join them. Its not the end of the world for them. They are a good winning program in a conference whose top 5 is still pretty darn good and will better then the pac 12. Arguably Ville and Uconn were the two best teams in the NBE in march in recent years, so they got two top title contenders.

Their only question is... is Uconn elite status? They have won to be, but basketball fans don't buy into enjoying them. A good reason they are not in the ACC. The ACC offered us twice now. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, Michigan State, Michigan, OSU even Penn state(before the truth) would have probably been offered to the ACC in a heartbeat. I could have seen WVU going before them as well. Oh well I guess they will just have to learn what its like to be on the jealous side after we win a few national titles in the ACC. Maybe a few of them will pull for us, like I did for them in 04, and 2 years ago.

They are fine. They still have Gtown, Louisville, Marquette and Nova to join them. Its not the end of the world for them. They are a good winning program in a conference whose top 5 is still pretty darn good and will better then the pac 12. Arguably Ville and Uconn were the two best teams in the NBE in march in recent years, so they got two top title contenders.

Their only question is... is Uconn elite status? They have won to be, but basketball fans don't buy into enjoying them. A good reason they are not in the ACC. The ACC offered us twice now. Teams like Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, Michigan State, Michigan, OSU even Penn state(before the truth) would have probably been offered to the ACC in a heartbeat. I could have seen WVU going before them as well. Oh well I guess they will just have to learn what its like to be on the jealous side after we win a few national titles in the ACC. Maybe a few of them will pull for us, like I did for them in 04, and 2 years ago.

Rooting for Uconn should get you band! And you have an amazing ability of arguing against yourself in the same post.

1. I don't like Uconn, I root for them so all syracuse fans aren't sore loosers while they win all the time. i don't think I could live with that.

2. I didn't argue against myself.

3. to reiterate. Uconn, Louisville, Gtown, Marquette, Nova, Cincy is a pretty solid basketball conference. Anyone that says otherwise is dreaming. South florida, rutgers, providence, seton hall, depaul, and st Johns(if they don't get better) don't exactly help though.

1. I don't like Uconn, I root for them so all syracuse fans aren't sore loosers while they win all the time. i don't think I could live with that. What?

2. I didn't argue against myself.

3. to reiterate. Uconn, Louisville, Gtown, Marquette, Nova, Cincy is a pretty solid basketball conference. Anyone that says otherwise is dreaming. South florida, rutgers, providence, seton hall, depaul, and st Johns(if they don't get better) don't exactly help though.
So do you Uconn will be Uconn still? An elite nationally competitive program? or a good school in a ok conference?

Good question. Its not like they are going to the Maac or atlantic 10. The New ACC, Big 12, and Big 10 will most likely be ahead of the big east.

But, the Big east in basketball could still be better then the old ACC, or SEC.

Well, the most obvious difference between us and Boston College is that we actually have won the Big East in football and basketball a number of times.
BCU won a share of the 2004 BE football championship. It was their last year in the BE and their only championship. BCU was all set to win the title outright in PP's final BE game as Syracuse coach. Diamond Ferry single handedly derailed their plans, on both sides of the ball.

On the hoops side, they've won the BET twice and also have a few BE regular season titles.

Don't forget, upon joining the ACC, their football squad had some good years.

For a board that has more members than us they sure do talk a lot less.

Page views on the boneyard are now twice the page views of Syracusefan.com. That wasn't true until a couple years ago. Fewer people posting, more people reading posts. I am not sure why, but that's the way it has been for a while. It may have something to do with women's basketball.

Page views on the boneyard are now twice the page views of Syracusefan.com. That wasn't true until a couple years ago. Fewer people posting, more people reading posts. I am not sure why, but that's the way it has been for a while. It may have something to do with women's basketball.
So, you're saying UConn has a lot of lurkers. Like Herbst at the ACC offices. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom