Postgame thoughts on SU/Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Postgame thoughts on SU/Louisville

jekelish

Living Legend
Boy, the narrative on this one sure changed around the 13 minute mark. That's when 1) we stopped taking jumpers - and I mean that, we literally stopped taking jumpers of any kind from then on, and 2) Rakeem took over, scoring 14 of the next 18 points.

Great win. I had a feeling we would take this one, but that doesn't make it any less sweet that we actually did.

http://.com/syracuse-gets-its-statement-win-over-louisville/

Who would of thought we win the game with Trevor Cooney making one shot and the bench with zero points (not that we ever get much contribution points wise from our bench)

Fantastic write up! I don't see how you notice all that you notice. Ha ha! I guess that's why you're the sports writer and I'm not.

I, too, felt good about our chances. There weren't many people in the Dome, the students totally FAILED to show up, but after about six (?) minutes - maybe longer - the Dome came alive! It was so wonderful to be cheering them on, and when we went up by four - four! - points, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. And to watch them win going away . . . . well, I just feel so happy for them. I love this team and their heart. It's very bittersweet.

Fantastic write up! I don't see how you notice all that you notice. Ha ha! I guess that's why you're the sports writer and I'm not.

I, too, felt good about our chances. There weren't many people in the Dome, the students totally FAILED to show up, but after about six (?) minutes - maybe longer - the Dome came alive! It was so wonderful to be cheering them on, and when we went up by four - four! - points, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. And to watch them win going away . . . . well, I just feel so happy for them. I love this team and their heart. It's very bittersweet.

They are a fun team to root for. Not because they are perpetually exciting, but because they've come so far from the beginning of the year. Despite the team's limitations, we have gotten SO MUCH BETTER. I wonder if McCullough hadn't gotten injured if we'd have won a few more and be in the top 25. Because we are clearly capable of going toe-to-toe with top 10 caliber teams [Nova, UNC, Duke, Louisville].

They are a fun team to root for. Not because they are perpetually exciting, but because they've come so far from the beginning of the year. Despite the team's limitations, we have gotten SO MUCH BETTER. I wonder if McCullough hadn't gotten injured if we'd have won a few more and be in the top 25. Because we are clearly capable of going toe-to-toe with top 10 caliber teams [Nova, UNC, Duke, Louisville].
Honestly, I thought that McCullough would have made an incredible difference against Duke on Saturday. Same for the UNC game. Just having that one more big body who can actually play would be enormous for this team.

This will be a season looked back upon with much wistfulness and rueful might-have-beens. Also with thankfulness and pride for our players, all hard-working, likeable kids. We fans have also had our mettle tested and I feel we have all walked through fire with this team. We ain't sissies!

So, when I'm floating in the lake in Maine this summer, I'll remember the sadness and the sweetness, and I'll look forward to a great season next year. Let's go, boys! And remember, this season isn't over yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom