Postseason | Syracusefan.com

Postseason

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
So... obviously an eventful 48 hours in Orange Land.

We are eligible for the NIT and even if we don't make that, we would likely be invited to the CBI or whatever if that even still exists.

There's a sense that we are just done for this year but that is not necessarily true. What is the outlook for March? Do we accept an invite to a sub-NIT tournament? I wouldn't mind seeing Red get a chance to dip his toes in the water right away but I also feel like it would be a bit unfair to him as it would already start the judgment process on his abilities as a coach even though he'll really have no chance to get his feet under him in a week or 10 days and he's been handed a big turd of a team. Might be better to let him start fresh next season when he's at least some time to actually be a head coach before his first game.

So... obviously an eventful 48 hours in Orange Land.

We are eligible for the NIT and even if we don't make that, we would likely be invited to the CBI or whatever if that even still exists.

There's a sense that we are just done for this year but that is not necessarily true. What is the outlook for March? Do we accept an invite to a sub-NIT tournament? I wouldn't mind seeing Red get a chance to dip his toes in the water right away but I also feel like it would be a bit unfair to him as it would already start the judgment process on his abilities as a coach even though he'll really have no chance to get his feet under him in a week or 10 days and he's been handed a big turd of a team. Might be better to let him start fresh next season when he's at least some time to actually be a head coach before his first game.
ACC teams rarely if ever go to CBI.
(In fact, I don't see one ACC team in the history of the tourney)

We weren't good enough for NIT.

Here's a one man's breakdown. We're not even that close, sadly.

CBI doesn't take P5 teams, do they? Or am I misremembering?

Either way, I doubt it there's any interest from SU.

I don’t think we ever have or would accept a CBI ‘invite.’ At least, I hope we never do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom