Potatoes That Shook the World... | Syracusefan.com

Potatoes That Shook the World...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I posted after the NC game that Trevor needed to be a scorer and not just a shooter. I also said that it might not come until next season. Boy, was I wrong about that. The kid showed the heart of a lion and great dimensions to his game, scoring from everywhere. Loved his breakaway dunks as well as his put back lay in after a tough O board.

He was under great control not forcing or rushing treys and he shot a solid 40% from distance. Not to mention his 3 steals and 4 boards.

If he can play half as well as that going forward consistently we will be even tougher than our record implies.

thCA4IIU41.jpg
So does this one!

Loved the way he used the left hand on one of his drives to the basket last night from the right. Kid has a pretty complete game when he remembers he can shoot from all over the floor and not just behind the 3 line. Great game.

I would love to see him do the up fake two dribble for an open 17 footer move a little more often, especially if he misses his first few 3's. I think it could be a good way for him to get into a rhythm. He played a great game last night. The floater he had coming from the right side was something I didn't think he had in his bag.

Last edited:
I posted after the NC game that Trevor needed to be a scorer and not just a shooter. I also said that it might not come until next season. Boy, was I wrong about that. The kid showed the heart of a lion and great dimensions to his game, scoring from everywhere. Loved his breakaway dunks as well as his put back lay in after a tough O board.

He was under great control not forcing or rushing treys and he shot a solid 40% from distance. Not to mention his 3 steals and 4 boards.

If he can play half as well as that going forward consistently we will be even tougher than our record implies.

He was great. Loved the dunks off the steals. Loved getting points inside the arc. Loved the looks he took from three as well.

And I absolutely loved when he was mean muggin' for the camera. We have a little fire and ice with him and Ennis and they are really starting to mesh well.

Would like to see Cooney start using more pump fakes and maybe taking some hits to get to the FT line. He's really rounding out into a great offensive player. If he continues to use his whole arsenal, he'll be difficult to stop.

The even better thing is, as happy as we are with his improvements, I don't think Cooney is reaching a plateau anytime soon. I think I can say that with confidence due to his work ethic and continued surprising progress. How many of us saw tonight coming for him, at least this soon?

Agree on the fakes too. The 17 footers are great, and so are the times when he gets defenders in the air, sees he's going to be fouled, and then heaves it to get 3 FTs.

Loved Jarhead Jim's post, and also have to mention I saw Barrel's avatar, appropriately, as well. Oh, and the chick holding a pair of melons too. When I checked it out, of course it led back this board! I gave a dude a like on a 2 month old post/thread that hadn't gotten any. Maybe he'd be stoked/baffled if a few more folks gave thanks too. For me it was the 3rd picture, then I clicked "visit page". Jarhead Jim, I know you want to!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom