Potential new coach for Rutgers? | Syracusefan.com

Potential new coach for Rutgers?

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
I'm watching that Everybody Loves Raymond basketball episode where Dan Castellaneta plays Coach Bryan, that basketball coach that just cares that the kids have fun. If things don't work out with Mike Rice, maybe Rutgers should hire Coach Bryan! - Come on Dane Miller - you're more than welcome to skip down the court!

I'm watching that Everybody Loves Raymond basketball episode where Dan Castellaneta plays Coach Bryan, that basketball coach that just cares that the kids have fun. If things don't work out with Mike Rice, maybe Rutgers should hire Coach Bryan! - Come on Dane Miller - you're more than welcome to skip down the court!

I like Mike Rice. He actually does want his players to have fun. I have posted this before, but Tomcat and I sat behind the RU bench during their game against SJU in the BET last year. We were astounded with how he treated his players after he pulled them from the game. He literally patted them on the top of their heads and accentuated the positive about their play. It was an amazing contrast to Jim Calhoun in the previous game of the double-header --- who sat them down and hurled F-bombs at them. He was so into Jeremy Lamb's face that I thought he was into my face (I was sitting behind Jeremy).

I like Mike Rice. He actually does want his players to have fun. I have posted this before, but Tomcat and I sat behind the RU bench during their game against SJU in the BET last year. We were astounded with how he treated his players after he pulled them from the game. He literally patted them on the top of their heads and accentuated the positive about their play. It was an amazing contrast to Jim Calhoun in the previous game of the double-header --- who sat them down and hurled F-bombs at them. He was so into Jeremy Lamb's face that I thought he was into my face (I was sitting behind Jeremy).
As much as I have disliked Calhoun over the years, I'm going to miss his antics when he retires.

Does anybody remember, I think 2007 BET against Uconn? Calhoun got so mad he kicked the big east logo on the scores table. It was dangling the rest of the game.

Actually I like Mike Rice too and think he'll do a good job there. This may have been a slightly misguided attempt to take a shot at Rutgers. Just happened to catch that episode tonight and the thought came to mind about that character coaching a real team. I'm probably better at self-deprecating humor - I'll stick to that.

rice is a good coach with potential to be a great coach--- i don't like how far they let him out on the court though. he is borderline interference at times