Potential New TV Contract Encouraging for Big East | Syracusefan.com

Potential New TV Contract Encouraging for Big East

"The Big East won't begin formal negotiations on a lucrative new TV contract until this fall -- expected to top $2 billion if all goes well"

bahahahahahahahahaha

First off I highly doubt Fox will bid for the Big East TV rights, NBC Sports I can see but not Fox. Also, how can the Big East receive presentations from Fox or NBC before ESPN's exclusive window has expired in September. Third, while the Big East basketball rights will be valuable their football rights are not worth a lot. Also, the production costs that come with football games are a lot higher than those of basketball whomever is going to get the Big East rights is going to have to invest in production and NBC hasn't invested in production for the NHL they are still using local and CBC feeds for NHL playoff games. I highly doubt the Big East get more than 1.9 Billion they turned down from ESPN. While the Big East will be the last major conference on the books for the next 3 years the B1G will available in 2016 and the NBA, MLB and will be available soon as well I don't see NBC Sports Network breaking the bank for the Big East.