Potential Opponents with the Utah game being cancelled | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Potential Opponents with the Utah game being cancelled

have people been doing this over the last 2 or 3 weeks somewhere? here? honestly asking as i know i haven't nor have i seen it anywhere. not that i was looking. but "obsession" and "every time mention" i'll post elsewhere.

you guys are knowledgable and passionate, great. i don't take bullying well. how 'bout we just banter? please, join the sabre. we could use a few more folks that know their way around. plenty of know-it-alls on the basketball board, so your contributions would be marginal there.

edit: that's a shot at the sabre guys, not you doc.
Pleas just ask yourself before posting, “has this subject been completely beaten to death?” The other guy is clearly mentioning it as a joke! Come on man. Just stop with this.

Last edited:
Head coach John Desko said Utah's reason for pulling out of the May 8 contest was likely related to the athletic department's budget issues.

This would have been their 6th trip East.

Head coach John Desko said Utah's reason for pulling out of the May 8 contest was likely related to the athletic department's budget issues.

Then why schedule the game in the 1st place. Its not like SU moved in February from Nebraska.

Anything on getting another opponent?

1617928211576.png

I would guess Bona , Bingo or Hobos (if they don't qualify for playoff). I think MAAC tournament starts May 5 so any of those unlikely. Just play someone.

I would guess Bona , Bingo or Hobos (if they don't qualify for playoff). I think MAAC tournament starts May 5 so any of those unlikely. Just play someone.

If Hobos is for Hobart they are definitely making their conf tourney. See my list in the initial post, those are the most likely opponents. While most do start on 5/5, most who wont make it will know long before then. For the MAAC every school makes the tournament so they aren't an option.

Last edited:
Be tough to invite Colgate when they won't know their availability until after May 4.

Be tough to invite Colgate when they won't know their availability until after May 4.

Unless Bucknell is playing a make up game or two then Colgate is in the conf tourney as Holy Cross is out and Bucknells only game left is against Lehigh. Perhaps Bucknell is an option

Desko laughed at the presser and said he didn't know anything about playing Robert Morris on May 7.

That was UVA’s last game of the season. They have three weeks off before the playoffs. Maybe Desko doesn’t want to play that extra game now? Injury risks abound plus playing a team with a sub 500 record might not help the tournament seeding. I’d like a game so they stay fresh (they didn’t look good with a long layoff in ‘19). But there are draws backs now.

That was UVA’s last game of the season. They have three weeks off before the playoffs. Maybe Desko doesn’t want to play that extra game now? Injury risks abound plus playing a team with a sub 500 record might not help the tournament seeding. I’d like a game so they stay fresh (they didn’t look good with a long layoff in ‘19). But there are draws backs now.
That’s what I’m thinking. We just gave ourselves a golden ticket to the playoffs and I feel like adding a game would only take us down from the 100% chance we have to get in with our record/schedule as of now.

Sounds like Cuse has scheduled a game with Robert Morris -

Hmmm not sure if this is some kind of joke response to a not so serious tweet? Given that Desko somewhat denied it in his post game presser, I get the feeling that it may have been possible before our UVA win, but now it seems unlikely. We will find out soon enough I guess.

Hmmm not sure if this is some kind of joke response to a not so serious tweet? Given that Desko somewhat denied it in his post game presser, I get the feeling that it may have been possible before our UVA win, but now it seems unlikely. We will find out soon enough I guess.

I didn't think Desko denied it, just wouldn't confirm it. Didn't read to me as a joke, but plenty of things on twitter go over my head. But your right, we will find out soon enough!

While I think another game wouldn't necessarily hurt for some reasons based on the projections lately I think with a win against ND they'd be looking at a 6/7 seed and if they lose I'm thinking a 10/11 seed. So I guess does one more game against a team you're hoping is a gimmie, does it really affect the seeding positively?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom