Power Conference Broken Down by Player Size | Syracusefan.com

Power Conference Broken Down by Player Size

They missed maybe the shortest player in college basketball this season in Darnell Rodgers of FGCU who stands at an intimidating 5'3. Some people here may remember his father, Shawnta Rodgers, who was the 1999 A-10 player of the year at GW and stood 5'4 himself.

Looks like they included walkons? Which scholarship players are less than 5’10”?

Skinny, yes, but the 8-man rotation isn’t short.
Chris Lykes is 5'7 and was a top-100 recruit in the class of '17 who will be a freshman at the U this season. I wish him the best of luck trying to shoot over our zone with Frank and Tyus up top.

Chris Lykes is 5'7 and was a top-100 recruit in the class of '17 who will be a freshman at the U this season. I wish him the best of luck trying to shoot over our zone with Frank and Tyus up top.
I meant for SU.
Syracuse, which is known to have long, athletic players ... but having three players 5-10 or shorter brings down Syracuse's average height.

It wasnt really the height that bothered me. More so the size. But that’s fine. we’re young, long and athletic. Tyus looks like he put on a little muscle. Washington and Brisset look a bit build. Havent seen frank yet. The rest, gotta hit the steaks and racks it seems. Correct me if im wrong, i missed the exhibition last week.

Looks like they included walkons? Which scholarship players are less than 5’10”?

Skinny, yes, but the 8-man rotation isn’t short.
Yes, they included walkons. So the conclusions are garbage.

SU's starters are 7'2, 6'8, 6'7, 6'6 and 6'4. Those are legitimate heights.

The top players off the bench will be 6'10, 6'9, 6'4 and 6'2.

This team is skinny and really inexperienced. But it isn't short.

Former Royals’ Freddie Patek when asked in 1971 how it felt to be the shortest player in the major leagues:

“A heckuva lot better than being the shortest player in the minor leagues.”

Yes, they included walkons. So the conclusions are garbage.

SU's starters are 7'2, 6'8, 6'7, 6'6 and 6'4. Those are legitimate heights.

The top players off the bench will be 6'10, 6'9, 6'4 and 6'2.

This team is skinny and really inexperienced. But it isn't short.

Exactly. We're going to get outrebounded in garbage time basically.

It makes no sense to include walk ons. If you took them out I wonder what it would look like. That would require the author to spend another 10 minutes removing those players from the roster of each team.

Average just the rotational players and we are likely on both tallest and lightest lists. The guys who are going to play for us all have good height and length for their positions.

This is a pretty terrible article. Why not include infant children of coaches in the calculations? Maybe G-Mac has a newborn nephew, let's include that in the average height of people who won't touch the floor the entire season.

Our guards are 6'3, 6'4, 6'5, 6'6, 6'6
Our forwards are 6'8, 6'8, 6'9
Our centers are 6'10, 7'2

Average height of actual players = 6'7.3

Last edited:
The premise of the article is fine, but the execution is embarrassing for that author.

Exactly. Why include walk ons? It might be interesting otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom